ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   violent nightmares (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162474)

excel 05-31-14 09:33 PM

violent nightmares

any have violent night mares

willow129 05-31-14 11:11 PM

Re: violent night mares

I used to quite a bit when I was a teenager, but they stopped happening as much when I moved away from home.

excel 06-01-14 08:00 PM

Re: violent nightmares

I have them all the time. I had one Thursday night that sent me to the hospital. I got up and started running and ran into the wall.

willow129 06-01-14 09:14 PM

geezum. are you ok now?

you must be stressed out...

Chivalry 06-01-14 09:27 PM

??/???? :(

excel 06-01-14 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow129 (Post 1654021)
geezum. are you ok now?

you must be stressed out...

I have go to the doctor tomorrow. I think I broke a rib. It didn't start hurting till this morning

sarahsweets 06-02-14 04:26 AM

You really need to have a sleep study done. What you are describing goes beyond the definition of nightmares and sounds like night terrors and sleep walking and a bunch of other sleep issues. They will be able to monitor your brain waves while you sleep in addition to watching your entire sleep. I had one for sleep issues and it was a great source of information. You may thing its no big deal but what if you sleep walk right out of the house, fall down some stairs or something else deadly?

excel 06-03-14 09:15 PM

I have had sleep studies done. I have sleep apnea. Those things don't show up in the studies usually. They suggest cognitive therapy

excel 06-04-14 12:14 PM

What is sleep terror

excel 06-06-14 02:23 PM

I didn't brake a rib. the xray came back normal

TygerSan 06-07-14 09:03 PM

I'm glad your rib wasn't broken. (though sometimes bruised ribs hurt just as much).

A sleep terror happens in a different part of the sleep cycle than a nightmare. It's a little bit different than a normal dream.

If you woke up extremely scared, with a racing heart, but don't remember the dream at all, it could be a night terror. My sister used to get them when she was younger. She actually tried to climb the wall behind her bed once during one.

excel 06-08-14 06:29 PM

I would say that I have nightmares. I never remember them.

excel 07-14-14 08:44 AM

Still have them

excel 07-19-14 02:09 PM

I am having another sleep study don e sometime this year.

petester 08-12-14 12:24 AM

I have nightmares that im being chased by demons all the way across the country I have to tie a long dish towel around my head and in my mouth because my screaming is so loud otherwise ive almost been evicted from where I was staying. GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK