ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   ADDiction & Substance Abuse (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53213)

dave131 05-30-08 09:40 AM

Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Hey guys. I borrowed a 10mg Adderall tablet (not the XR capsule) and took it yesterday morning around 8am to help study for a test that I had today. I have a pre-hire screening in 3 more days that will include a urine drug test.
I haven't taken any more Adderall since then.

Do you think I will pass the drug test?
There will have been 103 hours (4 days and 7 hours) since the time I have taken the last 10mg dose (this is the first time I have taken Adderall in about 8 months).

Also, how can I help to get it out of my system so it doesnt show up on the urine drug test?

Grafter 05-30-08 10:46 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Dave,

You may not find much help here with your question... I'll explain why.

Please correct me if I am wrong. My "assumption" from your post, your 1st and only post, is that you are not diagnosed with ADHD and you are not prescribed stimulant medication. I apologize in advance if I am wrong.<O:p
<O:p</O:p

Many of us here LEGITIMATELY need these medications to help correct chemical deficiencies and imbalances within our brains. These drugs offer us the opportunity to function in a world that has little understanding for our condition. In fact, many people refuse to believe in the existence of our problem.
<O:p</O:p

This is partially due to people like your self who, for personal gain and recreation, abuse the exact same drugs we desperately need just to function in a normal, and socially acceptable, manner. Everytime some jack-fuc* "borrows" some Adderall or Ritilan so that they can stay up all night "studying" it gives us a bad name, and hurts the perception that mnay people have regarding our disease.
<O:p</O:p

In the future, please just go to the corner and buy some speed the next time you need a "boost." That way, you only harm yourself instead of harming every person here that legitimately needs these drugs.

Shame on you, and shame on whoever let you "borrow" their Adderall.

dave131 05-30-08 10:56 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafter (Post 597284)
Dave,

You may not find much help here with your question... I'll explain why.

Please correct me if I am wrong. My "assumption" from your post, your 1st and only post, is that you are not diagnosed with ADHD and you are not prescribed stimulant medication. I apologize in advance if I am wrong.<O:p
<O:p</O:p

Many of us here LEGITIMATELY need these medications to help correct chemical deficiencies and imbalances within our brains. These drugs offer us the opportunity to function in a world that has little understanding for our condition. In fact, many people refuse to believe in the existence of our problem.
<O:p</O:p

This is partially due to people like your self who, for personal gain and recreation, abuse the exact same drugs we desperately need just to function in a normal, and socially acceptable, manner. Everytime some jack-fuc* "borrows" some Adderall or Ritilan so that they can stay up all night "studying" it gives us a bad name, and hurts the perception that mnay people have regarding our disease.
<O:p</O:p

In the future, please just go to the corner and buy some speed the next time you need a "boost." That way, you only harm yourself instead of harming every person here that legitimately needs these drugs.

Shame on you, and shame on whoever let you "borrow" their Adderall.

Thanks for the reply big Graft.
Does anybody mature have any helpful replies?? Thanks

newfdog 05-30-08 11:01 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave131 (Post 597294)
Thanks for the reply big Graft.
Does anybody mature have any helpful replies?? Thanks

Depends on what your definition of mature is.:confused:

Grafter 05-30-08 11:04 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave131 (Post 597294)
Thanks for the reply big Graft.
Does anybody mature have any helpful replies?? Thanks

Have you been diagnosed with any condition that supports the use of stimulant prescription drugs?

Lynx777 05-30-08 11:09 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
OK, now you have got my attention.

For the record, Grafter's reply to you was very mature. Maybe a little on the harsh side, but right on the money. If you do not have a prescription for a med. then you should not be taking it. furthermore, giving the doc a bogus story to get a script is just the same.

To answer your original question, why I'm even bothering I don't know, Amphetamine can give you a positive result on urine tests for aprox. 5 days.

If you think you have ADHD, then get tested and get your meds from the doc. If you do not have ADHD, and your taking Adderall just because you can, then you are the one that needs to get mature.

dave131 05-30-08 11:11 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafter (Post 597299)
Have you been diagnosed with any condition that supports the use of stimulant prescription drugs?

If you re-read my original post, then your current post is irrelevant. But since it might require too much work for you to scroll up, the answer is NO I DONT. I obtained it and used it. End of story, no ethical issues need arise to answer my original question.

I asked about the urine drug test that I have coming up and gave the amount of time between my ingestion and when my test is.
Anybody who can answer that?? Thanks in advance.

Grafter 05-30-08 11:14 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
I don't need to re-read your post. It's obvious that I understood it correctly.

I can't help you.

Good luck on your new job.

~boots~ 05-30-08 11:23 AM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
I think your drug test will certainly be positive, from my experience..

Xeon 05-30-08 01:35 PM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave131 (Post 597267)
Hey guys. I borrowed a 10mg Adderall tablet (not the XR capsule) and took it yesterday morning around 8am to help study for a test that I had today. I have a pre-hire screening in 3 more days that will include a urine drug test.
I haven't taken any more Adderall since then.

Do you think I will pass the drug test?
There will have been 103 hours (4 days and 7 hours) since the time I have taken the last 10mg dose (this is the first time I have taken Adderall in about 8 months).

Also, how can I help to get it out of my system so it doesnt show up on the urine drug test?

As a fellow druggie, amphetamines usually stay in your system from 2-4 days. Drink plenty of water if you want to try to flush it out a little quicker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafter (Post 597284)
In the future, please just go to the corner and buy some speed the next time you need a "boost." That way, you only harm yourself instead of harming every person here that legitimately needs these drugs.

So you would rather him go out and buy unregulated methampthetamine which has no real consistency in dose or purity and is manufactured using god knows what. Personally I would rather have him pop a little adderall then to go fully destroying his body with street meth.

Now I will agree with you on him abusing medication for his own selfish needs is stupid. In all reality he most likely didn't need the medication at all. I think collage students need to stop ****ing partying and study when they are supposed to.

This also boils down to the real question though, are educational institutions overloading the students with too much work? Is are modern day society to blame, teaching bad work ethic and telling everyone they can cure there problems with a pill.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I thought I was on the verge of a revelation but I lost it.

Grafter 05-30-08 02:37 PM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon (Post 597325)
So you would rather him go out and buy unregulated methampthetamine which has no real consistency in dose or purity and is manufactured using god knows what. Personally I would rather have him pop a little adderall then to go fully destroying his body with street meth.

How do I say this without sounding like a hard-***? In a word: Yes. He can go out and get his drugs out on the street like the rest of the real addicts. Just like I did for 20 years before I finally hit my bottom... and then cleaned up and found out I was ADHD.

Whether he has an 8-ball or a bottle of pills, he's in possession of a controlled substance and will face the same consequences if caught. Whether he is taking Adderral or crank, he has not been cleared by a physician to take them.

The only reason why these stimulant drugs are regulated and prescribed is because there is a legitimate need for them by certain individuals with chemical imbalances. Unfortunately, there are many people that don't believe we have a real need for these medications, and a lot of it has to do with these individuals, like Dave, that abuse them.

People like our friend Dave here make it that much harder for those of us that need these drugs to get them. At the same time his actions reinforce the negative perception many hold against ADHD and it management.

dyingInside 05-30-08 02:55 PM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon (Post 597325)
This also boils down to the real question though, are educational institutions overloading the students with too much work? Is are modern day society to blame, teaching bad work ethic and telling everyone they can cure there problems with a pill.

Are you serious? Too much work? Unless you're in Chem-E or something like that, I don't think so.

I'd like to pull out a favorite Zappa quote again.

"If you want to get laid, go to college. But if you want an education, go to the library."

sloppitty-sue 05-30-08 03:46 PM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
Original Poster,

FYI: There are loads of substance abuse/user websites where you could have posed your question and been congenially given an answer. Try one of them next time you have this kind of question. Here, most members find such questions very offensive (as you've probably noticed).

Sincerely,
Sue

meadd823 05-30-08 05:03 PM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
I agree with Grafter and the others - people who do not need ADD medications but decide to abuse them for their recreation make it harder for the rest of us who would rather be able to function without pills.

Why would any one in thier right mind want to take a pill to function if they can function without them????

Man I would give any thing to be able to get by without taking medications.


The reason for some of the harsh responses has nothing to do with maturity it has to do with perspective - many here have found treatment difficult because people do abuse the ADD medications some doctors are paranoid about prescribing it . Not only is the member who wrote the initial post at fault the ADDer who gave them the medication is equally to blame - maybe this will serve as a reminder to those of us who are on medications - do not share your medications - tell your buddies to get their own drugs from a legit drug dealer {sarcasm intended}



Quote:

o you would rather him go out and buy unregulated methampthetamine which has no real consistency in dose or purity and is manufactured using god knows what.
Yep that is what I would personally prefer he do - if he goes and buys himself some good old fashion bath tub speed then he isn't making obtaining treatment difficult for those like me who have ADD.

Why should I care if his drugs are pure - that isn't my problem. My ADD is my problem and people who abuse ADD medications make my life harder period end of story .

SuzzanneX 05-30-08 06:36 PM

Re: Urine drug test in 4 days... will I pass?
 
the answer is YES, .....in 3 days it should be out of your system. drink water.

for that information, I charge a small fee.
.............the rest of your lifetime, be free from drug dependence.

life is looooong when you make the wrong choices.

.....for the highest good of you and all the people who love you..
alll me and all these people want, is for you to be healthy and happy.

.......I agree with the others.

Don't give your life away under the bridge downtown.

.....please.



....this is my life, because i made the wrong choices..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtszXnG11E


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums