ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you feel especially unique and distinguished from your nonADHD counterparts? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185062)

aur462 04-20-17 05:06 PM

Do you feel especially unique and distinguished from your nonADHD counterparts?

The thesis here is that from my observation, particularly with myself, and otherwise anecdotally from those having/seeming to have ADHD, that many have unique personalities.

From my earliest memories of "ego" type thinking (early elementary?), I remember thinking that most people seemed to be followers (or vaguely similar) and I took pride in being different and probably went out of my way to foster this inclination. I say strange stuff, have an offbeat sense of humor and at times am overbearingly prideful in my "being special with a capital 'R' "; though this is usually exaggerated around my wife who witnesses my most random idiosyncrasies.

I am pretty new to identifying myself more definitely as ADHD-PI. I'm discovering crossover, ostensibly, between my anxiety problems and secondary depression and lifetime underachievement - currently engineering change

I've come across others who I believe have ADHD, with a unique style of speaking and thinking to one extent or another. A particular guy I know on Facebook writes posts that seem encrypted sometimes they're so odd, but it just seems that's how he expresses himself. A childhood friend who articulates in intelligent but esoteric fashion. I came across a guy with bipolar "3" and ADD-PI (on another forum) who's writing style made me feel as if we were kindred spirits; this was unique for me, as I've never come across someone who reminded me of myself.

My wife claims she has "combined" ADHD, but I would lovingly refer to her personality, at least in the realm of "outside the box" traits, as being rather mundane. She also did very well in school, living on a university campus during high school junior and senior year, earning college and High school credit. She does have the ADHD traits, but her ability to circumvent the ATTENTION DEFICIT aspect and highly achieve academically always seemed counterintuitive and suspicious to her diagnosis. She's had 1 shrink and a neurologist confirm this (anomalous?). She said she could tell a big difference when she started Adderall - ? I bet you did.

So I know there are some "straight-forward" personalities out there, including my wife, in the ADHD "community" but...What about y'all. Are you weird? Offbeat? Particularly creative? anxious/other psychiatric inconveniences? One of a kind? Underachieving (you were almost certainly blessed with this).

Fuzzy12 04-20-17 07:16 PM

Re: Do you feel especially unique and distinguished from your nonADHD counterparts?

I always wanted to be so is vital if I was (more special.than others) I really can't judge. Ironically now I want nothing more than to be normal.

I've often been told that I'm rather weird. I talk walk and think weirdly apparently. Even my sense of humour is apparently weird.

I don't know if I'm creative. I have good ideas I think but rarely manage to implement them.

Definitely underachieving. Slight anxiety and recurrent depression.

sarahsweets 04-21-17 04:33 AM

Re: Do you feel especially unique and distinguished from your nonADHD counterparts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aur462 (Post 1943636)
My wife claims she has "combined" ADHD, but I would lovingly refer to her personality, at least in the realm of "outside the box" traits, as being rather mundane. She also did very well in school, living on a university campus during high school junior and senior year, earning college and High school credit. She does have the ADHD traits, but her ability to circumvent the ATTENTION DEFICIT aspect and highly achieve academically always seemed counterintuitive and suspicious to her diagnosis. She's had 1 shrink and a neurologist confirm this (anomalous?). She said she could tell a big difference when she started Adderall - ? I bet you did.

I think being combined gets a really bad wrap. its like being the misfit. People tend to think we "have the best of both worlds" in the adhd population. Like the hyperactivity makes us social butterflies and do well with school and friends and the inattention gets ignored because sometimes our achievments overshadow our difficulties. Forget about the impulsivity. That part usually gets dismissed because for some, it doesnt manifest as shocking enough, or "out there" enough to even be considered. And I dont mean this to you, or even people here, but sometimes there are sort of snooty people who think that being combined isnt real, or cant be actual trouble and that only people who have difficulty concentrating have real problems. Even though the DSM doesnt use the term 'combined' anymore- i still think it exists.

Quote:

So I know there are some "straight-forward" personalities out there, including my wife, in the ADHD "community" but...What about y'all. Are you weird? Offbeat? Particularly creative? anxious/other psychiatric inconveniences? One of a kind? Underachieving (you were almost certainly blessed with this).
Again, this isnt directed at you or your beliefs but I also think that the ideas of being "quirky,unique,out-of-the-box-thinkers,and creative are just nice ways of making ourselves superior to each other, and other types of adhd'rs and other mental disorders. Its much nicer to say those things when comparing how we deal with the non-adhd folk, then it is to embrace the pain behind it. I hope your wife is validated, because I can tell you that feeling like a "run-of-the-mill" adhd person can be just as alienating.

hla8302 04-22-17 12:18 AM

Quote:

Its actually wrong to say I'm "rather mundane". In fact, I have a rather unique, empathetic personality that rivals my peers (RNs). Yes, I have been diagnosed with ADHD, and I have been diagnosed by more than one psychiatrist (3, in fact). My first interest in treating any issues I had related to impulsivity. As it turned out, I had also returned to college to get my SECOND Bachelors degree and I could suddenly concentrate enough to rely on more than just mere intellect to get me through. In fact, I told my mom I should have been treated all my life because it was like a lightbulb had switched on and I could think in one straight line. And, after shyness (or an attempt at invisibility), I became more outgoing and quite enjoyed the company of others.

I have many interesting and unique traits. I am excellent at making mathematical correlations in a series of numbers (like a birthday). I write very intense poetry. I love to talk to and hear about other people's lives. And if you ask me to look at a wound or want to talk about your symptoms because I'm a nurse, hey, I'm game (especially the wounds). Yes, I do have inattentive and hyperactive attention deficit disorder. Treated, I'm great. Not treated, I can't concentrate and I'll pick at the cuticles and skin around all of my fingernails. One psychiatrist walked into the room, looked at me and said, "You have ADHD". So despite my intelligence and ability to succeed prior to being treated for ADHD, I have it and I'm quirky as f***, thank you.

aur462 04-22-17 03:27 AM

Yes shnookums, you have plenty of uniqueness and I'm lucky to have a partner as empathetic as you are. And she is a gifted poet, indeed.

Also, I hope my description of "mundane" personalities doesn't sound cavalier; not my intent. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Thanks for the replies. Learning more about ADD has benefited me significantly in understanding myself. Not understanding why I think the way I do and little insight from "professionals" have made self-improvement impossible at times. Sites like this one are informative beyond the "scientific papers"

ginniebean 04-23-17 09:17 PM

I'd say your attraction to certain types or admiration for them is more a matter of personality than adhd. If I had to guess I'd say enneagram type 4.

Adhd doesn't really make us all that unique unless we consider ourselves uniquely impaired to get $%## done. Or uniquely disorganized.

WheresMyMind 04-24-17 12:34 AM

Quote:

The thesis here is that from my observation, particularly with myself, and otherwise anecdotally from those having/seeming to have ADHD, that many have unique personalities.

From my earliest memories of "ego" type thinking (early elementary?), I remember thinking that most people seemed to be followers (or vaguely similar) and I took pride in being different and probably went out of my way to foster this inclination. I say strange stuff, have an offbeat sense of humor and at times am overbearingly prideful in my "being special with a capital 'R' "; though this is usually exaggerated around my wife who witnesses my most random idiosyncrasies.

I am pretty new to identifying myself more definitely as ADHD-PI. I'm discovering crossover, ostensibly, between my anxiety problems and secondary depression and lifetime underachievement - currently engineering change

I've come across others who I believe have ADHD, with a unique style of speaking and thinking to one extent or another. A particular guy I know on Facebook writes posts that seem encrypted sometimes they're so odd, but it just seems that's how he expresses himself. A childhood friend who articulates in intelligent but esoteric fashion. I came across a guy with bipolar "3" and ADD-PI (on another forum) who's writing style made me feel as if we were kindred spirits; this was unique for me, as I've never come across someone who reminded me of myself.

No.

And I have never met a straightforward personality. Except for a very few incredibly self-absorbed, and therefore very predictable people.

aur462 04-24-17 02:20 AM

Admittedly, there's more I'm ignorant of than knowledgeable when it comes to nuances of ADD.

Incidentally, I found the inattentive board's "common traits" thread insightful on connections I'd never considered.

Letching Gray 04-24-17 08:36 AM

I feel like a fat slob

aur462 04-24-17 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letching Gray (Post 1944112)
I feel like a fat slob

Cheers. I've felt particularly ineffectual circa last 2 months owed to some idiopathic (presently) medical/mental crap that's just gotten worse the last 2 months. Concerned and miserable at times. This is all what makes life such an adventure.

Lunacie 04-24-17 04:56 PM

From the DSM-V:
Quote:

Based on the types of symptoms, three kinds (presentations) of ADHD can occur:

Combined Presentation: if enough symptoms of both criteria inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity were present for the past 6 months

Predominantly Inattentive Presentation: if enough symptoms of inattention, but not hyperactivity-impulsivity, were present for the past six months

Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Presentation: if enough symptoms of hyperactivity-impulsivity but not inattention were present for the past six months.

Because symptoms can change over time, the presentation may change over time as well.
If your wife has had two doctors diagnose her with combined type ADHD, she
has every right to claim that she has it. Only another doctor has the qualifica-
tions to dispute the diagnosis.

Did I feel unique/different? Sure did, and not in a good way. Always felt like
the odd one out, and that was confirmed by feedback from teachers who said
I wasn't "working up to my potential." And by a mother who would re-do
things I had done as they weren't good enough ... or weren't done her way
although I couldn't figure out what I was doing "wrong."

ADHD doesn't make anyone less intelligent, just like any demographic there
are some who are geniuses and some who ... are not. With support and
encouragement one with any smarts can certainly manage to go to college.
I didn't have that support or encouragement, and I had comorbid anxiety and
sensory processing disorder which made college life unthinkable.

I've spent most of my life having other people dismiss my issues as hysteria
until my grandkids were diagnosed and these issues were given a diagnosis.
Friends and family thought I was being manipulative because I didn't "like"
scented products ... wish I could tell them how I ended up in the emergency
room last year with a very serious reaction to someone's perfume, my blood
pressure dropped to 77/55 and then rebounded to 200/140 ... stroke level.

So I'm probably over-sensitive (another accusation from my younger days)
to the attitude I'm reading between the lines of your post about the validity
of your wife's diagnosis. But I am biting my tongue and trying to remain in
the guidelines of the forum.

Cyllya 04-24-17 05:25 PM

I feel pretty unique/weird/special, but I don't have any reason to believe I'm actually all that unusual.

I DO have an unusual set of strengths and weaknesses.

There are a couple traits I have that are apparently weird in combination (albeit totally common individually) because, not only have i never seen in anyone else, but sometimes othere people are baffled or disbelieving to find that out about me. However, that doesn't seem ADHD-related.

Certain personality traits are less noticeable than others. If you have those traits, you might feel more alone than you are.

I notice a lot of people associate ADHD with their ENTIRE personality, so they think everything about them is an ADHD trait. Sometimes, these people wouldn't even want to be cured if it were possible because they feel like they'd lose all of their identity and positive traits too. I can't sympathize with that viewpoint personally.

As with other mental or neurological disorders, your symptoms could give a different results on a personality tests. On a "big 5" test, inattentive symptoms will likely give you less "conscientious" points and impulsivity symptoms might give you more "extraversion" points (big 5 associates being energetic with being extroverted). On MBTI and similar, inattentive may give more "P" points.

Greyhound1 04-24-17 09:01 PM

I just feel weird, different and more sensitive to everything than my non-ADHD counterparts.

aur462 04-24-17 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyhound1 (Post 1944216)
I just feel weird, different and more sensitive to everything than my non-ADHD counterparts.

This makes sense. I've had some element of this also.

My brother in law is a jerk, and while a very smart guy, he has a VERY strong pension to be very industrious at my in laws to begin tile (unfinished), stairs (begging for handrails for months), plus porch stairs in the front awaiting completion. He's untreated, successful and likely has "combined". He's arrogant and disrespectful of his sister and is someone that I would at least LIKE to punch..hard. He underscores how different we all are, regardless of any given diagnosis.

I'm not a fan of thinking everything falls neatly into a container (I often hate the implication), however I find the "leaky filter theory" interesting but understand CLEARLY this is not remotely universal.

My "filter", I'm sure, could be implicated, perhaps, from everything to creativity and anxiety. These articles are interesting viewed as a subset of add folks rather than a testament to their universality.

The Creative Gifts of ADHD by Scott Barry Kaufman in Scientific American

Are People with ADHD More Creative? by Kenny Handelman

http://disinfo.com/2014/11/creative-gifts-adhd/

Attention Deficit Disorder is Actually Correlated with Creativity and Achievement from Washington's Blog

FlipperTheWhale 04-24-17 11:54 PM

Read the question wrong...

chiefbandit 04-25-17 09:16 AM

This is how i came out of the closet on FB that i have ADD. I even encoded the message in my picture: it is two dopamine molecule crossed. My chemistry engineering fren already figured it out i suspect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd9zwwrh4x...191_n.jpg?dl=0

.Some 2600 years ago, an individual in India named Siddhartha Gautama became enlightened, who became known as Buddha. The dot on his forehead signifies the enlightenment.
Jump back to current timeline where human race had advanced unconceivably:where there is fMRI machines and cutting-edge neuroscience.The dot on Buddha's forehead could imply a very thick Prefrontal Cortex(that thickens with meditation).And, a full cocktail of neurotransmitters working in harmony:dopamine, acetylcholine,
epinephrine,serotonin to power that frontal core so that it can control and watch(in Buddha's own words) the primal, reptilian
parts of the human brain.
Now,lets jump back to when Buddha became enlightened. One day, Buddha was making his rounds in the village to impart his teachings to others. It was then that Buddha noticed something strange.There was this group of elite hunters born with a cross mark on their foreheads. They seemed to be always looking out for novel signs in their environment.Any anomalous sound,or twitch in their visual field will perk up their antennae instantly. They seemed to listen to Buddha's talking intermittently while other villagers listened attentively.Though,Buddha found out later that when he could draw thir attention using intriguing stories, they will listen with ferocious laser-like focus. Like they were in the zone, in hyperfocused mode.I think that this could be likened to Byakugan eye holders in anime Naruto,where,when they activate their Byakugan eyes they are in this hyperfocused zone and are able to see every miniscule details that others cannot.These elite hunters, allow me to call them Byakugan holders,were kings of their times due to their unique traits.
Let us jump back to current timeline,somehow,up until now,the Byakugan holder ancient set of genes are still present in the world's
populace,surviving the relentless test of Darwinian Laws. It is estimated that from 7.2 to 13 percent of any country's population,are Byakugan holders. Though, the Old Kings became zebras among the horses.
Somehow,if there is any nucleus for Byakugan holders, it is Los Angeles(LA). Those of us peculiarly flock to LA as if it were a giant tree that houses the nests for us.It is as if, we know in our subconcious in some distant primal instinctive way, that, she is where we belong.
I am Justin Timberlake. I am Cat Marnell. I am Nigahiga. I am Michael Phelps. I am Michelle Rodriguez. I am Wolfgang Mozart.
I am 7.2 percent.
I am a Byakugan holder. I am LA's 4th Guard.

sarahsweets 04-25-17 09:48 AM

Another thing I wanted to add is in my personal life, and maybe because I am in recovery I believe that thinking about how unique I am is more of a dividing way of looking at things. IMO it means that my ego is allowing me to separate myself from others in a way that can alienate me from them, and it almost elevates me from those around me, as if I am better than- or so unique that no one could possible be as special as I am. I have found much more strength in identifying with others, and have experienced more growth because of it.
I see no need to look for ways I am different. Being adhd is different enough compared to my none-adhd peers- which is why being adhd here or in other groups of my like-minded kind is more uniting then dividing. I am a big believer in coming together rather then moving apart. Yes, everyone has something special about them, its called being human. But to start peeling away the layers of same-ness to look for that uniqueness is a waste of my time.

chiefbandit 04-25-17 09:51 AM

I think my thinking is very unique( or warped). But my friends totally get what i am saying. I made this gate thing up in my own mind when i was in love.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w97dmdickk...133_n.jpg?dl=0

Spain Gate ( Spain 門 )

門 is a Sino-Japanese character, signifying Gate, entrance, group, family or division of something.

Spain Gate is deep red. Spain Gate is concrete. Spain Gate is volcano. Spain Gate is severe,strongest sexual love.

The guitar that we use to serenade in front of our girlfriend's dorm was given birth in Spain. Spain added 5 strings to the modern,classical 6 strings guitar.

According to recent world-wide poll asking women to rate each country based on how the men are good lovers.Spainish men came in first, followed by French at 4th. German came in last.

If we search in Google 'how to say i love you' ,'how to say i love you in spanish' will come up in the suggestion top list. However, be careful using spanish to say i love you. Many non-native spanish speakers commit major lingual crime, without knowing Spain's cultural nuances and contextual cues.

There are two ways to say i love you in Spanish:
Te quiero(literally means I want you) is a sexual love_called 1500 Love in Burmese language_ that one uses with friends, cousins, boyfriend or girlfriends.

Te amo(I love you) is much more strong and severe, It is the unconditional, biological kind of love_called 528 Love in Burmese_ a mother has for her child.
We can use it with our spouse, or with our parents.

Spain Gate is strong,stern and severe. A person cannot open it or close it easily as one so wishes. It can be quite punishing. Zaw has 23 April Taurus Gate and 7.2 LA Gate, so he has Spain Gate tucked somewhere.

Aye Myat Thu sensed it, Chong Jia Ling felt it, Babaa opened it.

My Babaa, may you be happy and blessed at the Spain Gate of Love.

Of His.

Cyllya 04-25-17 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aur462 (Post 1944221)
This makes sense. I've had some element of this also.

My brother in law is a jerk, and while a very smart guy, he has a VERY strong pension to be very industrious at my in laws to begin tile (unfinished), stairs (begging for handrails for months), plus porch stairs in the front awaiting completion. He's untreated, successful and likely has "combined". He's arrogant and disrespectful of his sister and is someone that I would at least LIKE to punch..hard. He underscores how different we all are, regardless of any given diagnosis.

I'm not a fan of thinking everything falls neatly into a container (I often hate the implication), however I find the "leaky filter theory" interesting but understand CLEARLY this is not remotely universal.

My "filter", I'm sure, could be implicated, perhaps, from everything to creativity and anxiety. These articles are interesting viewed as a subset of add folks rather than a testament to their universality.

The Creative Gifts of ADHD by Scott Barry Kaufman in Scientific American

Are People with ADHD More Creative? by Kenny Handelman

http://disinfo.com/2014/11/creative-gifts-adhd/

Attention Deficit Disorder is Actually Correlated with Creativity and Achievement from Washington's Blog

Ugh, I HATE those articles and others like them. When you actually read the studies they're citing, it turns out it's not even "a subset of ADD folks"--the studies that actually check for creative achievement are researching a nonclinical population that has a trait associated with ADHD stereotypes. I think those people didn't even take an ADHD screening test much less get an actual diagnosis. (Is "leaky attention" even a common problem for us? It doesn't sound like my problems. It's like the exact opposite of my problem. Regardless, the research was on people who did not have the problem enough to be disabled by it.)

Sometimes ADHD is legitimately correlated with divergent thinking, but divergent thinking by itself is fairly useless. It does not automatically entail creative achievement.

I found a study that linked creative achievement to inflexible attention, which sounds more relevant, but again, it's a study on a nonclinical population. (That study is here, but I'll try to find the free version again in case anyone is interested.)

While I hate most things about the school system for a variety of reasons, I also hate this attitude:

Quote:

Do we really want to force everyone to be equally boring through medications?
It is not a child's life purpose to provide amusement for adults. Just because someone thinks their kid's disability symptoms are SOOOO cute or funny or creative or interesting is no reason to deny them treatment.

Yossioo 04-25-17 05:59 PM

No. I feel like an ***.

aur462 04-25-17 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyllya (Post 1944420)
Ugh, I HATE those articles and others like them. When you actually read the studies they're citing, it turns out it's not even "a subset of ADD folks"--the studies that actually check for creative achievement are researching a nonclinical population that has a trait associated with ADHD stereotypes.

Why the vitriol? You seem convinced there is nothing to the connection and quibble (seemingly) with the methodology and give the impression that associating creativity in some with ADD is a bad thing.

For the interested, I know I can't post commercial links, but a University of Memphis study writes "adults with ADHD perform better on some measures of creativity than non-ADHD adults" conferring diagnosis rather than traits.

aur462 04-25-17 10:23 PM

Chiefbandit: Very interesting, rich posts.

"Many non-native spanish speakers commit major lingual crime, without knowing Spain's cultural nuances and contextual cues."

Lingual crimes: the only crime whose punishment is embarrassment. Speaking of embarrassment, "Estoy embarazada", might intuitively seem correct, but (as you probably know) this is not so =>D

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefbandit (Post 1944316)
Te amo(I love you) is much more strong and severe, It is the unconditional, biological kind

I like this. My wife says it to me.

hla8302 04-25-17 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahsweets (Post 1944315)
Another thing I wanted to add is in my personal life, and maybe because I am in recovery I believe that thinking about how unique I am is more of a dividing way of looking at things. IMO it means that my ego is allowing me to separate myself from others in a way that can alienate me from them, and it almost elevates me from those around me, as if I am better than- or so unique that no one could possible be as special as I am.

As someone who has ADHD, bipolar 2, anxiety, and addiction (in and out of recovery), I really do understand what you're saying. This forum does allow a place for unity, being able to relate to others. I think the question posed is one that is seeking similarities rather than differences. We are all unique in our own ways, there's no way around that. But the question asks if you feel different in some way from others not (at least to our knowledge) diagnosed with ADHD. Aur462 has honest interest in this question, from what I can see. Some of us have very unique characteristics that hold us together, unite us. And some of us may feel we are no different from any other person walking this earth. I, personally, have always felt so different from almost everyone I've ever known that it has kept me from expressing my innermost thoughts and feelings from even my most intimate partners and friends. My expression is poetry that I have only ever shared with one person. We are united here, not divided in any way. You joined an ADHD forum to feel connected. In that connection, we are all as different as grains of sand.

sarahsweets 04-27-17 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hla8302 (Post 1944481)
As someone who has ADHD, bipolar 2, anxiety, and addiction (in and out of recovery), I really do understand what you're saying.

Wow, we are 'twinsies" I have the exact same issues!

Quote:

This forum does allow a place for unity, being able to relate to others. I think the question posed is one that is seeking similarities rather than differences. We are all unique in our own ways, there's no way around that. But the question asks if you feel different in some way from others not (at least to our knowledge) diagnosed with ADHD. Aur462 has honest interest in this question, from what I can see.
I understand what you mean and I was coming from a place of knowing I am different vs celebrating how unique I am.
I love being a unique person. I think my personality is unique, and that I have a very awesome view of the universe, I just dont believe that its part of adhd.

Quote:

Some of us have very unique characteristics that hold us together, unite us. And some of us may feel we are no different from any other person walking this earth. I, personally, have always felt so different from almost everyone I've ever known that it has kept me from expressing my innermost thoughts and feelings from even my most intimate partners and friends. My expression is poetry that I have only ever shared with one person. We are united here, not divided in any way.
I didnt mean to imply we should be divided. What a boring earth it would be if we were all the same.

Quote:

You joined an ADHD forum to feel connected. In that connection, we are all as different as grains of sand.
I am 100% behind people being unique and bringing unique things to the table. But as it specifically relates to adhd, I dont think we are all that unique. I think the differences and uniqueness comes from who we are as individuals and our personalities, not so much the adhd.

aur462 04-27-17 07:29 PM

Hi Sarahsweets, I thought I remembered your "profile" being similar to my wife's. That's interesting :) She's working the next couple of nights, but I'm sure she'd like to respond.

A note on the "individuality" context. I recall you mentioning some with ADHD try to establish themselves as "special"/better, whatnot than others with ADHD; I'm pretty new to this diagnosis - understanding anyway - but I can imagine there's some insecure folks marginalizing others - implicitly or otherwise. If I sounded like one of these blow-hards, and I think I unintentionally gave this impression judging from the ire (passive mostly) I've gotten from many, I want to make clear there was no spirit of alienation. People that diminish others in a desperate attempt to salvage their own ego are pathetic.