ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Men with ADD/ADHD (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Workarounds for Erectile Dysfunctions? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185692)

ADD_Serpent 05-18-17 05:56 AM

Workarounds for Erectile Dysfunctions?

I am male 46. I am on Fluvoxine 100mg+100mg and Stratera (Attentrol ) 25mg+25mg for my OCD and ADHD. medication Started recently only even though I am a chronic patient who was with occasional medications before.

Most of my past life, I often quit medication because of ED issues. (Sex is very Important for me because of my GF). But currently I am in s state that Medication cannot be avoided if I want to survive at all in in my work and relations. (I hope that makes things seriously clear)

I would like to know the workarounds you people do in slimier situations. Will the problem subside as time passes? I think some posts here suggests that experience. what about Tadafil 20mg? I tried but not very effective with this med, better off course. Then what about skipping few days prior to a trip where you expect good sexual activity? if that is effective, how many days prior?

My doctor who is young doesn't seems to be very much concerned about my sex interested at this age! :):).

Hope we can derive some strategies even at the expense of some my original intended benefits of medications. :)

Thanks for reading

lntense 05-18-17 09:14 AM

Re: Workarounds for Erectile Dysfunctions?

So you recently started the meds? Is your libido perfectly fine while off the meds?

Because if not then you seem to be about the age to look into testosterone replacement therapy.

ADD_Serpent 05-18-17 11:47 AM

Thanks for the response.
I cannot say that it was perfect, but manageable with Tadafil 20 mg once in two week.But with this booster once and while I am sure I was a good performer.
This fluvoxine and strattera started three weeks ago. May be premature to make assumptions. But now todafil somehow gives erection, but not good quality.

May I know what is this testosterone therapy? I know it is male hormone. Is it needs prescription?
Thanks.

aur462 05-21-17 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD_Serpent (Post 1948072)
May I know what is this testosterone therapy? I know it is male hormone. Is it needs prescription?
Thanks.

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is what it is - not that your issue is necessarily related to ED, but it's always nice to know you have optimal testosterone levels for a man your age. I prefer a urologist for this issue. They can test your level and advise if they're low.

ADD_Serpent 05-22-17 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aur462 (Post 1948572)
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is what it is - not that your issue is necessarily related to ED, but it's always nice to know you have optimal testosterone levels for a man your age. I prefer a urologist for this issue. They can test your level and advise if they're low.

Thanks for the info. I will keep this in mind.
btw It seems the ED issue is slightly improving as body gets familiar with medicine.
I am on Fluvoxine XR 100mg+100mg and Stratera (Attentrol ) 25mg+25mg+25mg for my OCD and ADHD.. OCD seems to be very much relieved by two weeks medication, but ADHD seems need more time with strattera. Anyway waiting with hope and reading books about living with ADHD.
Thanks again

Impromptu_DTour 05-23-17 10:36 PM

https://www.centurynovelty.com/catIm...ms/089-002.jpg