ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forums Help, Q&A (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trouble logging in (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177292)

bluejay14 05-07-16 06:58 AM

Trouble logging in

Hi
I'm having trouble accessing the forums. I managed to log in just now by logging out, going to a thread and then logging in from there.
But if I try to go direct to the main page where all the current active threads show up -- www(dot)add(dot)com -- I get this message:

"Bluejay14 you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Any ideas what the problem is and how I can get around it? :(

bluejay14 05-07-16 06:59 AM

Re: Trouble logging in

and an unrelated 'yay' because that's the first time I've had a post approved immediately without it being moderated. That must mean I belong :D

midnightstar 05-07-16 08:37 AM

Try logging in from this link: http://www.addforums.com/forums :) Main page hasn't worked properly for years and admin don't have the power to fix it :grouphug:

bluejay14 05-07-16 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightstar (Post 1808605)
Try logging in from this link: http://www.addforums.com/forums :) Main page hasn't worked properly for years and admin don't have the power to fix it :grouphug:

:thankyou:
that explains it then! It worked for me for a few days, and then suddenly stopped. Shame - because the list of current threads is a good starting point.
Thanks for letting me know. I was worried I'd accidentally done something terrible and been thrown out :faint:

Greyhound1 05-07-16 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejay14 (Post 1808628)
that explains it then! It worked for me for a few days, and then suddenly stopped. Shame - because the list of current threads is a good starting point.
Thanks for letting me know. I was worried I'd accidentally done something terrible and been thrown out :faint:

Welcome and you didn't do anything wrong at all.:)
The forum has some glitches! I hope you can get past them and enjoy it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or issues.

Best wishes
Hound

namazu 05-07-16 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejay14 (Post 1808628)
the list of current threads is a good starting point.

For something similar, you can try the "New Posts" link in the blue navigation menu at the top of the page for a list of recently-created and/or recently-edited threads.

Also, we don't throw people out "just because", so have no fear!

midnightstar 05-07-16 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namazu (Post 1808651)
For something similar, you can try the "New Posts" link in the blue navigation menu at the top of the page for a list of recently-created and/or recently-edited threads.

:goodpost:nams, of course we don't throw people out "just because we can", if that was what happened here I'd be thrown out already and I'm still here so there's nothing to be afraid of :)

bluejay14 05-07-16 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyhound1 (Post 1808629)
Welcome and you didn't do anything wrong at all.:)
The forum has some glitches! I hope you can get past them and enjoy it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or issues.

Best wishes
Hound

Thank you :) It's good to be here!

bluejay14 05-07-16 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namazu (Post 1808651)

:D Good to know.
And that's a useful tip re the 'new posts' link, thank you.

Riversong 01-02-17 06:35 PM

Thank you! It said that I was logged in but didn't have access to the forum. The link posted here helped.

Trooper Keith 01-06-17 11:37 PM

lol, still with this? "Admin doesn't have the power to fix it" well, it is a vbulletin deployment from 2008, but even so it's just a misconfigured setting on the domain or installation folder. What it isn't doing is costing David much money and he's still gettin' paid, so there it is.

Andi 01-09-17 09:43 AM

If I had the power, I would fix it. I know Andrew would jump at the chance. I don't think anyone understands just how powerless we feel with the simple fixes because we don't have access to the code, David owns this experience or how heartbroken we are with the broken promises for upgrades. It also is frustrating to provide this explanation on numerous occasions and the picking and poking that we don't have the ability but alas, it is what it is and I'm grateful for the members and staff that endure through it all and have a greater capacity for compassion and understanding. Thanks to those that do.

midnightstar 01-09-17 11:11 AM

Andi and Andrew everyone here should be thanking you for doing your best on the forums imo :thankyou: