ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forums Help, Q&A (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why can't I delete my posts? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179256)

maysarieltiff 08-06-16 06:44 AM

Why can't I delete my posts?

Also, it seems there is only a period of time that I can edit them. Is that normal?

Thank you.

Fortune 08-06-16 07:18 AM

Re: Why can't I delete my posts?

Yes, there's a 30 minute window to edit posts and no option to delete them.

Unmanagable 08-06-16 09:09 AM

Whatever you type and decide to post remains forever.......and ever........and ever.

Anything people search for on google (or whatever search engine they choose) that includes words you have used in your posts can also bring up your posts in their google searches.

If you make a post and need to discuss changing something about it after the editing period has passed, contact one of the moderators, whose names appear in green, orange, and red.

Lunacie 08-06-16 10:45 AM

Here is the answer from a previous post about deleting and editing posts ...

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...deleting+posts

midnightstar 08-06-16 12:07 PM

As has already been said, members can't delete their own posts (it disrupts threads if someone posts something then deletes it cause if someone responds to you nobody can then follow what the thread is talking about, also if members are deleting posts as well as disrupting the thread it's not very respectful for other members to spend time typing out a response to someone only for them to delete their post and the response then meaning nothing in the thread, does this make sense? :)

Little Missy 08-06-16 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unmanagable (Post 1828560)
Whatever you type and decide to post remains forever.......and ever........and ever.

Anything people search for on google (or whatever search engine they choose) that includes words you have used in your posts can also bring up your posts in their google searches.

If you make a post and need to discuss changing something about it after the editing period has passed, contact one of the moderators, whose names appear in green, orange, and red.

For-Evah. :eek:

maysarieltiff 08-06-16 03:36 PM

Thank you, I understand.

Greyhound1 08-10-16 09:27 PM

Really, the only time we remove or edit posts is when they break our guidelines or they expose a privacy issue in extreme cases.

What is your main concern regarding the post or posts you would like to delete? There may be another option for you such as a username change.

maysarieltiff 08-12-16 02:52 AM

Ah, I just though I sounded crazy lol. I poured out my heart and everyone responded positively so I have no reason to complain. Just thought I should remove it, as I felt I was too honest. Just my issues with sharing things with others.

Thank you.

Fuzzy12 08-12-16 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maysarieltiff (Post 1829855)
Ah, I just though I sounded crazy lol. I poured out my heart and everyone responded positively so I have no reason to complain. Just thought I should remove it, as I felt I was too honest. Just my issues with sharing things with others.

Thank you.

I have the same problem. I over share on addf because at that moment I've got a strong need to share and then I feel embarrassed, stupid or too exposed.

I've almost only ever had supportive and understanding replies though so far so the main issue is really privacy though maybe I worry too much about that. StilL. .it doesn't stop me from posting about every tiny little thing in extremely tedious detail....:lol::doh:

I normally don't share much in real.life but somehow I'm doing this a lot these days with my family. Just shared my thoughts on having children with Mil and probably scared the hell out of her... even if not, my weirdo ranking is definitely not reducing. :rolleyes:

maysarieltiff 08-14-16 11:37 PM

Thanks, now I know I am not the only one lol. ;-)