ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forums Help, Q&A (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How do I edit my posts? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181515)

Faraway 11-19-16 12:46 PM

How do I edit my posts?

One manīs keyboard - another manīs fingertrap..

for a variety of reasons, many of my posts are longing for some corrections.

But the "EDIT"-Button is gone.

what do I do?

midnightstar 11-19-16 12:54 PM

Re: How do I edit my posts?

There's a time limit on how long before you can edit your posts, how long was it since you posted the posts you want editing? I'll check for you how long the editing window is :)

Greyhound1 11-19-16 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faraway (Post 1852185)
One manīs keyboard - another manīs fingertrap..

for a variety of reasons, many of my posts are longing for some corrections.

But the "EDIT"-Button is gone.

what do I do?

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, we have a limited window of time to edit a post. I believe it's roughly 20-30 minutes.

If it's a typo, misspelling, poor grammar etc. I wouldn't be concerned. Almost all of us could look back at our posts and find things that need correction.

You can also repost to the same thread to clarify a previous post. You can even quote your past post.

If it's a really big mistake and could possibly expose your identity, you can message a section moderator. If the posts warrants an edit a moderator can correct it. It would be their call.

*** We generally will not edit a post unless it breaks our guidelines. In special cases we have made exceptions but not as a practice.***

If you would like to message me, I would be happy to discuss the posts you are concerned with.

Faraway 11-20-16 12:01 PM

Hello and Thank You!

I see. So I donīt think my posts match the criterias to be edited again.

My keyboard does strange things sometimes, and parts of what I, e.g. delete, just occurs somewhere else in the post. Usually i check for that but I sometimes miss things, too.
Now my concern was that people get confused whether this was just an error or whether I wanted to say something but my English wasnīt sufficient (what happens a lot), and so waste their time with trying to analyze what is basically some kind typewriting-nonsense.

But I think I can live with that and hopefully everyone else,too.
I clearly see the advantges in not editing everything, too.

Again Thank You!

Greyhound1 11-20-16 12:55 PM

Hey Faraway,
Most here are pretty good at deciphering posts with mistakes. It is very common and we all make em.

I just read through all your past posts and I had no problem understanding any of them and I get confused easily.:)

Faraway 11-20-16 01:08 PM

:) thats cool!!:)
....thanks!