ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forums Help, Q&A (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question: Unsubscribe (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183623)

Hermus 02-23-17 05:48 PM

Unsubscribe

Is there a way in which I can end my forum membership?

dvdnvwls 02-23-17 05:49 PM

Re: Unsubscribe

No. You would just stop coming here.

namazu 02-23-17 05:52 PM

If you need a break -- and don't trust yourself to simply stay away, as many of us cannot -- you can have your account suspended (temporarily or permanently) by contacting Admin directly.

sarahsweets 02-23-17 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermus (Post 1932350)

Look its up to you, but I dont see why a simple disagreement would be cause to leave a place that has only supported you. I think you might regret it.

aeon 02-23-17 10:15 PM

What seems a simple disagreement to one may be anything but to another, especially if the other has identified with that which has been disagreed with. To them, that "simple disagreement" can become an invalidation, a disrespect, and a challenge to the safety and security of their person.
---
Hermus, I don't wish to see you go for at least 2 reasons. First is the simple and self-serving reason that I enjoy reading what you write.

The other is that part of the process of recovery (from any addiction) is learning to be present with, and tolerate, distress...and I specifically mean feelings, of whatever kind.

For many, and perhaps most addicts, the choice to use was made so as to be relieved of distressing feelings.

Withdraw as you need in order to find equilibrium and self-soothe, but do not leave. Rejoin and see that your distress will not harm you, despite the depth of feeling involved.

And maybe that's presumptuous of me to think I might know what would be in your interest. I say it only because I was thinking about what it was like when I first got sober, and thought you could relate.

Hoping You Stay,
Ian

Letching Gray 03-01-17 12:35 AM

Quote:

To my friends, when they discuss something like moving away, quitting the job where we both worked, or in some other way expressed a desire to move out of the sphere where I would be in touch with them regularly, I'd stand up very straight, stick my chest out and in to their faces, make a muscle, point to it, and threaten them with bodily harm if they dared to even think about such utter bull.

The moment I'm done composing this little gem, I'll be standing straight up.....

Letching Gray 03-01-17 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namazu (Post 1932354)
If you need a break -- and don't trust yourself to simply stay away, as many of us cannot -- you can have your account suspended (temporarily or permanently) by contacting Admin directly.

Don't tell him that, Namazu! Threaten to displace his clavicle or pound his head in!

(just kiddin)

Don't you move Hermus

David 03-01-17 01:08 AM

Quote:

Of course there is.. But, why? Sounds like (no doubt) I missed something alluded to after you posted..

I haven't had the pleasure of knowing you, but I have a feeling you've touched plenty of people here. Hopefully, you'll re-think it, and this 'derelict of duty' staffer (Yeah, ME) will have the pleasure of getting to know you better in the future.. Not saying that is worth staying for!

If not, that sucks, but your account can be closed, if that is what you need.

midnightstar 03-01-17 02:32 AM

I admire you Hermus and really hope you stay. :grouphug: