ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   404 message when logging in (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188622)

010101 10-30-17 03:21 PM

404 message when logging in
 
I just wanted to let you know that when I try to login on the landing page I get a 404 message. The login only works for me on http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php. I don't mind, but at first thought that there's a problem with my account, but it seems to be a bug.

midnightstar 10-30-17 04:11 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
It's a well-known bug :) Never log in from the addforums.com page, always log in from the http://www.addforums.com/forums page :)

Fraser_0762 10-30-17 04:37 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Would it really be so hard to make "addforums.com" redirect you to "addforums.com/forums"?

namazu 10-30-17 04:41 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1970112)
Would it really be so hard to make "addforums.com" redirect you to "addforums.com/forums"?

No, it would be very simple. Over the years, many members and moderators have offered to make this change (among others).

But David, the site owner, is the only one with the necessary permissions, and he hasn't gotten around to it yet...

midnightstar 10-30-17 04:42 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1970112)
Would it really be so hard to make "addforums.com" redirect you to "addforums.com/forums"?

Unfortunately, as far as I know, that would be up to David (and we're all still waiting for the upgrades etc that he promised years ago so don't hold your breath about this one ;))

Andi and Andrew (as far as I know) could not do this, they don't have the right buttons and things in order to do this :grouphug:

They do the best they can with what they have ;)

Fraser_0762 10-30-17 04:47 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
It's annoying, because it could be remedied with one line of HTML code and it would be busier on here because people wouldn't be thinking the site was down all the time.

namazu 10-30-17 04:52 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1970119)
It's annoying, because it could be remedied with one line of HTML code and it would be busier on here because people wouldn't be thinking the site was down all the time.

Agreed. Take it up with David, since the rest of us can't do anything about it. (And while you're at it, ask him about progress on the mobile app!)

Fraser_0762 10-30-17 04:58 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by namazu (Post 1970120)
Agreed. Take it up with David, since the rest of us can't do anything about it. (And while you're at it, ask him about progress on the mobile app!)

I'm sure I sent him a message about this forever ago. I could create a redirect fix. But it's pointless if I can't replace the current file on the server.

midnightstar 10-30-17 05:00 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1970122)
I'm sure I sent him a message about this forever ago. I could create a redirect fix. But it's pointless if I can't replace the current file on the server.

Maybe it's worth PMing him again? :grouphug:

namazu 10-30-17 05:02 PM

Re: 404 message when logging in
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1970122)
I'm sure I sent him a message about this forever ago. I could create a redirect fix. But it's pointless if I can't replace the current file on the server.

Yes, that's the problem all of us who've offered to help have run into.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums