ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I'm just a ghost (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189854)

WhiteOwl 01-01-18 02:13 PM

Re: I'm just a ghost

I can't do gyms. Feels like everyone is staring at me and judging me. I know that's just my anxiety, but still... I even feel that way when I jog outside, but not as bad. And it just feels unnatural. All the people running on treadmills creeps me out. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

Ronelh 01-01-18 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteOwl (Post 1980601)
I can't do gyms. Feels like everyone is staring at me and judging me. I know that's just my anxiety, but still... I even feel that way when I jog outside, but not as bad. And it just feels unnatural. All the people running on treadmills creeps me out. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

Iím weird with you. I donít like exercising in gyms either.

aeon 01-01-18 03:11 PM

Those with hair of red are never invisible.

Cheers,
Ian

allesandro1 01-01-18 03:17 PM

No, it's not you. People tend to go out in couples, and or with friends on new Year's eve, they are generally not expecting or looking to meet anyone new on New Year's eve, they're just out to socialize with established friends and get drunk. I often made the same mistake in thinking about the holiday when I was younger, and then learned it was not a good idea for a single person to go out alone on that day

Ronelh 01-01-18 03:45 PM

I know I tend to do better in one on one or in small group settings, rather than in an overwhelming roomful of people. Not everyone has to be a social butterfly.

Can you find two or three people and go out with them? Like, maybe coworkers or neighbors, some people you regularly see and at least somewhat like (not necessarily close friends yet). Then do a non threatening activity you can all enjoy and doesn’t require constant conversation. Like, maybe go bowling or mini-golf or something. Or if you like table games or movies, have a game and movie night.

I do so much better at outings like this, because you are doing something together that’s fun, but you don’t have to worry about focusing on long conversations, so it matters less if you zone out for a few minutes. ;)

Little Missy 01-01-18 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1980587)
I think I scare people at the gym. I'm like a wild tiger when I get the blood flowing and the muscles pumping. The only time anyone makes eye contact is when they look concerned lol.

this evokes a film like quality of movement :eyebrow:huh!

Fraser_0762 01-01-18 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Missy (Post 1980618)
this evokes a film like quality of movement :eyebrow:huh!

I can just picture myself sweating on the treadmill with "eye of the tiger" playing in the background..... Nobody needs to know I was sweating buckets after only a couple of minutes. :lol: