ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Careers/Job Impact (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Just got let go from my job (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190271)

eats_mice 02-06-18 08:20 PM

Just got let go from my job

I just got let go from my job today. It's kind of a relief because that job was too stressful anyways. Anyways, it has made me suspicious of myself once again. I wish I could afford an evaluation.

Several years ago I visited a psychologist, but it ended up a dead end. They thought I just wanted drugs. :mad: Now idk what to do with my life.

sarahsweets 02-07-18 04:40 AM

Re: Just got let go from my job

Get evaluated if you think you have adhd and forget the past. That was then, this is now.

Gypsy Willow 02-07-18 02:38 PM

I'm sorry. I agree with Sarah. Get an evaluation. Check around your city to see if there are clinics that only require you to pay on a sliding scale basis.

PhotoMum 02-08-18 05:47 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your job. It sounds like you are looking on the bright side, knowing it was too stressful. As far as your concern about yourself, would it be possible to get an evaluation if you could find the right counselor? Have you talked with your doctor about your concerns? Usually, there are good places that work with your budget to get good support in almost any community. Wishing you the best in finding a fun job and finding a good counselor!

CharlesH 03-10-18 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eats_mice (Post 1984653)
Several years ago I visited a psychologist, but it ended up a dead end. They thought I just wanted drugs. :mad: Now idk what to do with my life.

Tell the psychologist that if he/she isn't willing to perform a psychological evaluation for a legitimate disorder in the DSM, then perhaps he/she shouldn't be a psychologist.

Little Missy 03-10-18 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesH (Post 1988144)
Tell the psychologist that if he/she isn't willing to perform a psychological evaluation for a legitimate disorder in the DSM, then perhaps he/she shouldn't be a psychologist.

Get a psychiatrist, psychologists can't even prescribe.

Little Nut 03-11-18 11:24 AM

I would not rule out starting w/ your PCP if he/she is very capable and you have a deservedly high degree of trust in.

allesandro1 03-11-18 11:20 PM

well.it might be worth getting an evaluation fr several reasons if you're young that is. That can help you to determine what might be the best jobs for you, and what sort of accomodations you might need