ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hello I am new here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193173)

Funky8 09-08-18 12:13 PM

Hello I am new here

I am 30 years old, from Europe and I like reading, watching Youtube videos, the Internet, listening to music, going for a walk, meeting friends and pets.

I was diagnosed in 2010 and beside my adult mixed ADD, my coordination and motor skills are affected, also my visuospatial thinking is bad.
My visuospatial nonverbal disorder was diagnosed in 2016 and I feel that some things are slowly getting worse instead of better as I grow older.

I also have some minor depressive and anxiety issues and some mild autistic features (routines, inflexibility most of the time, only few interests).

I am working at a special institution for people with mental disorders, but I like this job. Everyone is friendly, nobody makes you an outsider and there is not as much stress and less working hours as elsewhere out in the job market.

I take Ritalin but I am looking for alternatives.
Ritalin helps with focusing, concentration and motivation, but not with the other issues.
I also want to take a vegetarian ADD med, because I am vegetarian.

My strenghts are verbal and language skills and some knowledge about my interests. Theoretically I am better than practically, except for the visuospatial things.

I am looking forward to some nice conversations.....:)

benito 09-08-18 12:26 PM

Re: Hello I am new here

Welcome to the forum, funky8!

Funky8 09-08-18 01:11 PM

Thank you benito. ;)

Greyhound1 09-08-18 01:26 PM

Welcome Funky8

I hope you enjoy it here!

Funky8 09-08-18 01:29 PM

Hello greyhound ;)

@all Thx for welcoming ;)

Funky1 09-08-18 09:03 PM

Welcome!

namazu 09-08-18 09:04 PM

Whoa...Funky overload! :lol:

Funky1 09-08-18 10:29 PM

:lol:

PoppnNSailinMan 09-09-18 03:39 AM

Welcome to ADD Forums, Funky!

Just out of curiosity, what ADD meds have your heard about that are vegetarian?

Funky8 09-09-18 06:03 AM

Hello Funky1, my name-brother/sister ;)

Funky8 09-09-18 06:13 AM

@PoppnSailinMan

I have Ritalin pills (not retarded [mod note = European name for slow-release]).
I just wondered, because normally there hasn`t to be gelatine in pills without capsules, but it is listed in the ingredients.
I have sent a mail to the producer why they put it in the pills, when they maybe don`t need it in them. I think it is worth a try.

And there are also cellulose capsules which become more and more popular in pharmaceutical industry, maybe some producer use it instead of gelatine??