ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tips and tricks without meds (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193189)

Xfix98 09-09-18 04:44 PM

Tips and tricks without meds

I really need some advice.

Itís superfrustrating always being in need of something new, and I have some months left in my job that i have to complete. And im so tired of everyone and the job itself.. but that is always happening (same with the others jobs i had).

Someone got some unique tips for anger,moodswings, hyperactivity, focus n concentration?
I donít have meds. Iíve tried all different types of diets,vitamins,sugar free etcetc. I do workout and that helps maybe 0,2%.
I tried mindfullness/yoga, but I canít be calm enough.

I need help how to:
Keep friends..iím excellent in meeting people. But then I get so bored of people after a few days, and also I can say so many dumb things and annoy people, but not realising it before its to late and canít stop it just keep on doing it. I love new people, the more people the beter.
Moodswings. Toughts. Feelings.
Listening. I just wanna talk all the time, Out of ę100Ľ conversations I just understand a few words. I wish I could listen.
Sleeping problems. Impulsivity. Restless. Dont know if it has been 1 minute or 8. Etcetc
This had been like this all my life, and now im ******* tired of this.

I donít have adhd but people have asked me if Iím sure I donít have it, and people are asking how i could have so much energy, etc. Im already bored of writing. In one way I donít belive in adhd, beacuse ęeveryoneĽ has it but at the same time I just realised if I could make it easier for myself with adhd drugs then it might be a good thing.

But sorry guys, the point is :
Im not taking any drugs if so it has to be over the counter.
Please give some tips.
Also coffeine/bcaa etc dont do anything to me, if so it make me maybe a bit calmer and beter focusing.

SashaBV 09-09-18 07:02 PM

Re: Tips and tricks without meds

Have you been evaluated in any way? Psychologist, Psychiatrist, any testing in school for problems? It's possible there's some condition that's keeping you from focusing or enjoying your life. Even if you don't have ADHD you might benefit from books and articles meant to help people with ADHD improve their focus and clear their mind, etc. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I am will have some specific suggestions.

Alphawave 09-10-18 11:41 AM

I was diagnosed a few months ago after 15 years of knowing I had ADHD. So I survived for a long time without any meds.

I found exercise helped the best. When I got to running 30 minutes around 3 to 5 times per week, I got the best results. I did do it every day for a while.

It helped me by giving me motivation, helped me sleep and improved my mood.

I still do it as much as I can.

EDIT: I see you do workout, I'll post this anyway in case it helps

benito 09-10-18 11:53 AM

Swimming has managed to overcome the phases of my life in which I have been without medication. I started when I was 8 years old, and my diagnosis was when I was 36 years old. During all those years I saw how the times in which I kept swimming were much better than when I did not. Sport makes a big difference, but I have not always got the motivation to do it.

Now, with medication, I am able to maintain a routine and go swimming almost every day. I feel great.
Greetings.

Funky1 09-10-18 01:51 PM

So let me see if I have this right. You don't have ADHD, but you're posting looking for advice on an ADHD community, but you don't take meds, and apparently you don't want to take meds because you don't have ADHD, but yet again here we are on an ADHD forum...

My brain hurts. That's all I got.

Funky1 09-10-18 01:57 PM

Quote:

I donít have adhd but people have asked me if Iím sure I donít have it, and people are asking how i could have so much energy, etc. Im already bored of writing. In one way I donít belive in adhd, beacuse ęeveryoneĽ has it but at the same time I just realised if I could make it easier for myself with adhd drugs then it might be a good thing.
Two things here. One, if everyone had it, then everyone wouldn't think we were all faking It just to get drugs. ( I personally can't stand stimulant medication, but it makes me function better so I have to take the good with the bad.)

And secondly, go see your doctor. This is the wrong place to come and ask questions about ADD medication right after you discount the reality of people who suffer from this very real condition, and we absolutely do not support self-medicating around these parts either. I can't believe no one else called you out on this yet.

DanielGM1970 09-11-18 11:03 AM

I completely agree with Funky1. You need to go see a doctor. You'll be amazed at the effect the proper medication can have. Meditation/Yoga/Exercise, diet and nutrition, sleep, are all good supports, but you have a medical condition, or at least it sounds like you do.

Remember, the brain is a part of your body. It can get sick, or function incorrectly too. If your kidneys weren't working right and you were turning yellow, I wouldn't tell you to meditate and take vitamins either.

D.

DanielGM1970 09-11-18 11:04 AM

We will all be here to support you, but we are not doctors!