View Single Post
Old 06-15-16, 11:26 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,746 Times in 9,284 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Current Events / News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserbeak View Post
I don't remember the exact details, but I do remember a mod deleted a thread of mine that had to do with current events and when I asked him why, he TOLD me to complain. It was only after I complained, in accordance with his instructions, was I punished.
I don't know the details, either, and I'm sorry you didn't get a clear explanation for why the thread was deleted at the time.

If the current events you wanted to discuss had to do with wars, terrorism, politics, religion, or one of the other topics that's explicitly prohibited by ADDF's guidelines, that was likely the reason for the removal of the thread (and why appealing to Admin apparently didn't change the outcome).

Please also keep in mind that Admin chooses and oversees moderators, and if they do find that a moderator has erred or acted inappropriately, they may handle the issue privately with that moderator.

As staff, we try to handle things as gently as possible -- no public tarring and feathering of members who receive infractions, no instant bans for minor offenses -- because the intent is to try to enable people to continue to participate and to contribute constructively to the forum, not to shame people for making mistakes or bad judgment calls. We're human, and we do mess up from time to time; on those occasions, please take up the issue with us privately, or with Admin, and we will do our best to fix things.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Laserbeak (06-16-16)