View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 12:01 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,956 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Understanding Counterwill: "Oppositionality cannot arise on its own"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
Dvdnvwls

Since we agree with the information in this thread.

So we do not derail this thread with other topics you disagree with.

Do you mind if I start a new thread, where if you want, you could post some quotes made by Dr.Mate, that you disagree with, and I could focus on Dr.Mate's quote's you post in disagreement and I could decide whether I agree or disagree, and explain my opinion?

One reason why I like typing out the information from the appropriate sections of "Scattered" based on whatever the specific opening post AD(H)D thread topics is, is so people interested (who do not have a copy of "Scattered") can actually read what Dr. Mate actually wrote in full, and gather their own opinion.

Another reason is because when focusing on the book "Scattered" and ADHD, is one of the times I get motivated enough to practice my typing skills (I am getting faster than when I joined ADDForums) and discussing and typing out the information helps me learn more about the information, that I might have missed in the past.

I'll start working on the new thread discussion, if you want to?

Its okay if you do not want to, I understand what you are agreeing about in this thread, it is just that I am unsure what other different section of the book and different thread subjects you are in disagreement about?
I don't think there's any need for a picking-on-Maté thread. I'm not looking to derail this thread at all either. It was a single comment based on reading two of his books and attending one of his lectures, and I don't think it needs to be pursued beyond that.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.