View Single Post
Old 07-26-17, 01:40 PM

MyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura aboutMyAchillesheel has a spectacular aura about
Re: Instant release (10mg) manufactured by "Sun" (India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHedgehog View Post
Went to a different pharmacy to ask about their manufacturers to compare prices and they had instant release by "sun"
Any experiences from this manufacturer?

Instant release (10mg) manufactured by "Sun" (India)

Justahedgehog,

"Sun" is by Sun Pharmaceuticals.

30mg NDC - 57664 -647 -08
20mg NDC - 57664 -646 -08

Inactive ingredients
Crospovidone
Magnesium Stearate
Microcrystalline cellulose
Corn Starch
D&C yellow #10

30 mg yellow tablet markings: MP 447
20 mg yellow tablet markings: MP 446

You can pull up more info at the dailymed here:https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme...2-647cbfacd296

Anyway here is what I can tell you...some of the info is fact based the rest is anecdotal and speculation from personal experience and from reading comments of orhers.

Sun Pharma bought out Ranbaxy and Mutual Pharmaceuticals a couple years ago.

Ranbaxy (had a bad reputation) and used to manufacture the Corepharma adderall every hyperactive person hated back in 2007 to 2011. The reason the ADHD hypers hated it was because it was way to "speedy" or as someone once said like "21 red bulls in 6 hours". The inattentive ADD'rs like me loved it because it was very stimulating and woke up our sleepy brains..

Now Sun Pharma bought out Ranbaxy which was aquired by Mutual Pharma who manufactured generic adderall for Sun Pharma....

Confused yet?

So it went Ranbaxy -> Mutual Pharma -> Sun Pharma distributes the product..

Anyway, long story short... The Sun Pharma product "might" be the old Ranbaxy/Corepharma formula of adderall. Or it might be a new generic formula most of us have not had... The distribution of this generic has been sporadic but since Corepharma and Actavis no longer make generic adderall IR tablets we might see this product more often in the coming weeks and months.

Point being; it might be really good, average, or poor.

I know that's not what you want to hear but it's the best i can tell you.

On a personal note i have been trying to locate that generic form to try and see if it's like the old Corepharma formula that worked so well for me in the past.

Did you locate it at a national pharmacy like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Costco, or Rite Aid?

You can google the medschat forum about the Sun Pharma generic adderall and will find some mixed reviews both positive and negative.

Ultimately it's up to you to roll the dice and see how well it works for you.

That's all the info i can offer you today.

Best of luck

-M

Last edited by someothertime; 07-27-17 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: Added quote for relevance