View Single Post
Old 10-04-17, 09:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,929 Times in 10,076 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Impulse control and sweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcosta21980 View Post
Itís funny how many assumptions are made and how judgmental people get. It was clearly noted that I have had discussions with him about eating things of sustenance in the middle of the night. And yes he gets punished but itís something like not getting his treat after dinner because he already chose to eat it then...I am not hanging the kid upside down by his toenails for crying out loud. He is rewarded for good behaviors. And there will always be consequences for rules broken.... that is just the way I run my house. My question was more about if it was common place for ADHD people to experience a craving for carbohydrates or sweets? Is there any correlation between meds and cravings? I appreciate everyoneís opinions And next time I will ensure my questions are framed better because I wasnít looking for parenting advice.
hmmm...you did inquire on an ADHD forum. I know I must have missed your clearly noted bullet points.

I'll eat just about anything if I'm hungry and its there. I go through people's refridgerators to see what they have that I never buy so I can eat it.

And, just because I feel so strongly about it: punishing, admonishing and reprimanding a child for eating whatever was easiest and available is downright shameful.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-04-17)