View Single Post
Old 10-05-17, 10:36 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,142 Times in 8,919 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Starting projects with no real aim or purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
The result? A home full of junk piles.
Our house currently has 2 spare bedrooms.

We refer to one of these as "the fabric bedroom", for it has rolls of miscellaneous upholstery fabric and assorted dissassmbled furniture I'd intended to reupholster. In this room, it is usually possible to get to the bed.

We refer to the other as "the bathroom bedroom", for it contains assorted faucets, cabinet hardware, oak drawers I bought second-hand, and piles of assorted lumber and salvaged teak from boats that I was (am still?) planning to turn into a bathroom cabinet unit for the bathroom we're been planning to remodel since the plumbing burst in the wall...8 years ago. This room is completely unlivable.

...Not to mention the pedestal sink standing in the living room next to the bookcase!

Then there's the copper-pipe art trellis half-soldered in the garage, and the cedar branches salvaged from the yard that I'm going to do...something...with...and...

You get the idea.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-05-17), PoppnNSailinMan (10-08-17), stef (10-06-17)