View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 03:44 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,746 Times in 9,284 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any tips for concentrating at work when I can't take medication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody5697 View Post
I must have said something stupid. Sorry for wasting server space.
Nah, things have just been a bit slow around here lately. Don't sweat it!

It sounds like you've gone through a lot lately, which would be tough even for someone without ADHD and/or other conditions.

If your psychiatrist does not have a lot of experience evaluating and treating people for ADHD when they also have a mood disorder, it might be worthwhile to get a second opinion. I don't know what mood stabilizers and antidepressants you're taking, and adding more to the mix can be tricky, but it is often possible to take stimulants along with mood stabilizers and antidepressants. Some mood stabilizers and antidepressants can also affect concentration. If that's the case for you, it might be possible to tweak those to find a combination that at least doesn't hurt your concentration as much.

If typing isn't "fidgety" enough, you could maybe look into an exercise ball for seating, bands you can put on your chair to kick/press on with your legs, or a mini pedaling or stepping device to keep your feet occupied.

Also, have you been in touch with your state's department of rehabilitation? They may be able to consult with your about your situation and help you find solutions or at least helpful accommodations.

Best wishes.
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-06-17)