View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 10:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,160 Times in 5,395 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I had a bad allergic reaction to Propranolol years ago and refused to ever take another beta blocker (anything ending in 'olol) and was pretty well freaked to try any new meds after that happened. But I don't have a clue what caused the allergic reaction.
Years ago I was given Metoprolol in the hospital. I wasn’t allergic to it, but the sensation in my heart was so unpleasant it triggered a panic attack and I was so agitated they ended up giving me a shot of lorazepam in the bum, which chilled me right out, and greatly lessened the weird sensation.

Beta blockers for anxiety? Ha! As if!

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (10-06-17), Lunacie (10-06-17)