View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 12:31 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,821 Times in 660 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Letting go of it all

I am somewhat somewhere between successful and struggling.
Letting go may not be a good idea right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
In that case, perhaps asking for more contact/guidance with your supervisors/colleagues and working to get a system in place to organize projects might be preferable (at least in the short term) to walking away from the job you currently have.
The thing is... I did this many times and every time my employer doesn't really take action. Every time I communicated that I needed more guidance he said he agreed with me/understood my point, but he didn't offer it. I am not trusting that my needs are really being take care of, I feel like they just put me in situations that I am not ready for.

I learn a lot from it, but I feel like it's full of needless suffering.

Perhaps a better option would be to go to another employer where I can get more supervision and be part of a team. I would just like to have productive days without feeling like I am drowning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-06-17)