View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 03:18 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,856 Times in 672 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Letting go of it all

It's a bit later now, put a bit more thought into it.

I have decided that I will start preparing to go away from this company. If I leave, I won't do so very soon, but in half a year or so. I will do some extra courses, update my CV and portfolio, reflect on what I want out of my life and my career, expand my network, etc. The biggest challenge that I will take on is to become more independent; learn to cope with not getting the structure and help that I feel I need. If I am able to do that, then I will be able to function in other places as well.

If things improve here, then fine, I can stay but then I will feel like it's my own choice, it's not because I feel like I have to.

And if that doesn't happen, or if I just find something better, then I will leave. Start my own thing, or work somewhere else. Maybe even abroad, if that's what I really want (not as a sort of escape).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
namazu (10-06-17)