View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 06:04 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,823 Times in 660 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Letting go of it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I think that's a great idea jacksper. People have a really hard time changing so if you can't get change in your workplace then yeah, I agree you might be able to find another place that works better.

As far as being self-employed, that takes a lot more than just your current technical skills. You'll have to be an accountant, marketer, self-motivator, organizer, receptionist, etc unless you hire out these services.

Are you able to do all that? If so and you want to be self-employed, that's great. If not, another company is a great idea.
Thanks acdc! good to see that you are still around! How are you doing?

I have some of those skills, and I am willing to hire others/collaborate with others. If I take the next time to prepare/reflect, than I will be able to make a better decision on my next step. Anyways, I am grateful that I am able to have problems like these. I used to be stuck in my studies, as you probably remember, fearing that my life would be a total failure, and now I am already having somewhat of a career. I am struggling in it, but I have been in my first job for 1.5 years and until recently it looked like I was moving towards my first promotion, not sure how that is now, but the thing is it is not going badly. I fear it may all collapse, but that is just my emotion speaking.

That said, now that it's getting later, I feel that I am feeling less anxious about it, it's starting to sink in. I was preparing myself to work on this project for a long time, but I didn't really respect my colleagues that much and I am feeling a relief of not having to work with them anymore. My boss also mentioned the possibility of me finishing my work and going to work for just one customer, that that would allow me to focus better (so he's thinking from my perspective, I like that. He knows that I have adhd and my struggles are really obvious - I don't hide it when I am having difficulty and I am very open about it). I see that he's trying to find a place where I can fit. He kind of saw that 3 projects at the same time was not working for me, and I appreciate that he thought of that. I would have liked to have a voice in it though, and I would have liked if my colleagues in the projects would have communicated with me, now I respect them even less.

Take everything I say here with a bit of salt, I am trying to express how I feel about this in my writing, not how I will act or how it really is. I made some mistakes as well and I take responsibility for that, but I was honest and open about those things, so I don't feel bad for that. I feel like my colleagues weren't/aren't open about what they are struggling and I think that now that they will have a hard time pulling this process off. Ok that is my revenge side speaking, that wants to see them fail. Oh human nature can be such an ugly thing sometimes

Last edited by Jacksper; 10-06-17 at 06:21 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-07-17), namazu (10-06-17)