View Single Post
Old 10-07-17, 03:40 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,816 Times in 13,482 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I was leaving the parking lot of a restaurant after having lunch, when seemingly out of nowhere there were lights behind me, so I pulled over.

The sherrif came to my window and said they had received a report of public intoxication. He asked me if I was under the influence of any drugs and/or alcohol.

I said no, and that I was just sitting in my car, eating my lunch and singing along with a couple of songs, practicing.

He then said it was reported that I was very animated and seemingly not aware of my surroundings. I replied that was true, because when I sing along with a song I love, and I am really trying to do it well, I get into it, and so I close my eyes and throw my head back as required.

He then asked if I would be willing to do a breath test for alcohol. I said yes, no problem, and blew a big fat zero.

He then asked if I had any other drugs and/or alcohol in the car. I said I had two prescribed medications in my bag, but otherwise no.

He didn't seem interested in that and told me I could go, and went back to his car.

Well, that's a new one. I mean, to be fair, I really enjoy singing, and sometimes I am totally into it...but that's just me, not intoxicants.

After he left, I took my Dexedrine.

The songs were Adele's "Skyfall" and "Hello."

Oh well, time for grocery shopping. Saturday afternoons...sigh.

WTF,
Ian
Okay so since when was singing a crime?

I'm completely tuneless when singing so I never sing in public
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-07-17)