View Single Post
Old 10-17-17, 07:38 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,202 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many years on meds ?

On Wellbutrin XL for 12 years.

For 9 1/2 years I've been on Adderall XR ... then Concerta ... then Vyvanse .. then back to Adderall XR.

You know, my brother had severe and untreated ADHD, and he didn't get old enough to have Parkinson's ... Life overwhelmed him and he had a stroke at 64. ADHD can be really dangerous ... it undermines the ability take care of yourself ...

I think I saw the study you are referring to ... that found that people who used amphetamines had a higher risk of Parkinson's ... You have to be careful about those studies ... Parkinson's affects about 1 percent of people over 60 and 5 percent over 85 ... The increased risk found by one study would still mean a low rate of risk ... Aging is the main risk factor.

I say use the drugs to get your life really on a great track. Like fantastic! ... But don't give up because of a rare monster way way off in the distance.

Especially when you have that nasty, multiple-limbed ADHD monster messing with you every day.

Tone