View Single Post
Old 11-05-17, 04:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,095 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you react

Yeah, I have spent more hours listening--enduring!--people like this than I care to remember.

I don't do this anymore.

Basically if the person won't shut up, they are acting rude to me. Therefore, I have the right to just randomly stand up and say, "I have to go."

Here's the thing: you don't have to say where you are going ... I just say "I have to go." And I go.

Key: you cannot wait for a "break" ... or a pause in the conversation because these people don't pause. So I have learned to stand up mid sentence!

Otherwise, I see it as dishonest to just listen ... because I'm acting like I'm interested when I'm not.

Stand and excuse yourself ... But don't say where ... that's giving them too much power.

"I gotta go." Stand ... Sometimes, they'll keep talking. "I gotta go." And I go.

Tone
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (11-05-17)
Sponsored Links