View Single Post
Old 11-05-17, 05:13 PM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Friendships are hard

That is amazing that you've made so many positive changes in your life! I believe a person is lucky to have a couple friends that are for life, but most friendships are eventually "outgrown". They work during a certain period in our life and when they stop working, you move on. Maybe you have outgrown these friendships. They worked for you when you were a person that you didn't really like to be, and now that you have changed for the better, it's time to find friends who accept you as you are now. If you becoming healthier and more responsible is a problem for them and they can't be happy for you, that's their problem. I don't see any point in continuing a friendship if it's no longer mutually beneficial, just because you were friends in the past.

I have lost some friends due to life changes, but usually they weren't very close friends to begin with. I am lucky that I have a few friends I made in young adulthood, that I count as lifelong friends. We all live in different states now, got busy with our own lives, and don't even talk very often. But I know they are there if I truly ever need anything and they know I am here if they ever need anything. We do "keep up" through Facebook and the occasional IM, but that's about it. It's still comforting to know there are a few people out there who really know me and always accepted me as I am. Friendships are hard, but finding that one-in-a-million friend is priceless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17), OyVeyKitty (11-05-17)