View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 03:42 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,007 Times in 2,742 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and so it begins, though really it's just never ending

It sucks. I know platitudes also suck and I hate them too so I'll try to avoid them other than to say I really am sorry and you are a very good and kind soul which makes it even sadder that you go through this.

Forgive me if this is unhelpful, but one thing I have said to myself when I've had similar thoughts is that I tell myself:
"I can do whatever I want. I wont tell myself I can't or shouldn't. But in order to be fair, first I have to go over to my daughter and explain to her why I have to do it and why I wont be there for her."

(Another thing, though less potent and effective.. I have also told myself that it's the kind of thing you can always put off and do later. Once you do it, the result is the same, there's never a rush or time limit.)

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-06-17), Andi (11-06-17), Little Missy (11-06-17), peripatetic (11-06-17), stef (11-06-17)