View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 05:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,818 Times in 12,864 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to try something on Friday or Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Just to see if I can do it without needing someone to pick up the pieces if it causes me to fall apart.

I want to try and sit through the song that I have not been able to hear for years without falling to pieces and try and desensitise myself to it.

It'll be round about this time on either Friday or Saturday that I'm thinking of doing it (so if I do fall apart and need someone with me, even if it's just a presence online, I'll have chance to be sorted before I have to go back to work and it shouldn't affect my work)

Good idea or bad idea? And will anyone be around to pick up the pieces if I do flip my lid hearing the song?
Star I'm sorry I can't commit to any particular times in case fuzzling is awake unless you are doing this very late at night. I'll definitely check in though and would love to hear of your progress.

If you get near the stage of falling apart though it's best to to stop with your experiment. If I understand desensitisation therapy correctly the stimulus has tobe so.mild that it does not cause an adverse reaction. If it did cause an adverse reaction the negative association might be strengthened actually. so you start very small and then gradually increase the trigger.

I have a lot of songs that I. Ant listen to because of the emotions and moods they evoke.ive niticeethough that of I'm very busy with something and then a trigger song. Cones on the radio or so then I don't react so strongly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-07-17), Lunacie (11-06-17), midnightstar (11-06-17)