View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 10:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,607 Times in 5,591 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and so it begins, though really it's just never ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
...when i feel like this, i think about times when we played the games threads and listened to music and talked about other dimensions (i know...i know...)...
No rolling of the eyes, please, please no.

Because you don't need to pull back, or feel embarrassed, or feel like you have something to apologize for.

Because when I read your post, that was right at the moment my heart opened like a flower, and I felt, and felt deeply. You communicated just a few words, and for a second I was sure I understood what you meant, and I felt joy in being reminded of what it means to understand and to be understood.

And a moment later I felt sad because I had some real idea of your loss. The loss of connection, the loss of witness of self in other.

Yet, who can say what the future will bring? May we remain open to receive it.

But peri, please never do that again. Don't roll your eyes.

Listening to music and talking about other dimensions...what is more essential, more real, more beautiful than that? What's more noble? What's more playful?

Cherish and celebrate that with every fibre of your being.

But whatever you do, don't for one second pretend or make like it was less.

It wasn't.

Blesséd Be to You,
Ian
Andi (11-07-17), Little Missy (11-07-17), Lunacie (11-07-17), midnightstar (11-07-17), peripatetic (11-06-17), stef (11-07-17)