View Single Post
Old 11-08-17, 03:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,678 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Being ignored on dating sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I had the same thing, nobody chats with me on dating sites beyond a "hello" unless they happen to be a creep who proposes marriage after, quite literally, 5 minutes and that's if I'm lucky. Most people just never respond to me

And the 5 minutes thing, I am referring to the following type of conversation:

Hello
How are you
Will you marry me

(literally)
Hey, we have something in common.

Let's get married!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOwl View Post
Do you have a username like "bigDaddy" (saw that one today) or something with "king" or "stud" or something like that in it? What does your profile say?

Do you look at their profiles and ask/talk about any of their interests?

I've "heard" that dating sites have a very disproportionate ratio of males to females. I don't know if that's true or not, but that could explain why so many guys say they get ignored and so many women say they get desperate sounding messages.
No, it's not "bigDaddy". Perhaps I should try that one out though?

My profile is kind of bland, but that's because my life is pretty bland, I don't really have much in the way of interests to talk about, because i'm terrible at pretty much everything and lose interest in a heartbeat.

But that's no different from their own profiles. I would ask them about one of their interests, but their profiles almost never say anything about them.

Is "hi" desperate?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-08-17), midnightstar (11-08-17), namazu (11-08-17), WhiteOwl (11-08-17)