View Single Post
Old 11-10-17, 03:07 PM

Thanked 31,949 Times in 14,403 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want to try something on Friday or Saturday

correct me if i'm wrong, but are you trying to do your own exposure response prevention therapy?

if so, i mean, i've done that with a therapist. and i think starting slow is ideal. writing it down, typing it here... maybe listening for ten seconds. practicing CBT stuff the whole time to reduce your anxiety.

i mean, it's a process. so i wouldn't feel badly about not listening to the whole thing. there's **** i've been working on, literally, for years, that i'm still not at the point of being ok with executing the goal.

to your question above about whether a song can kill you because it hurts so much, i truly don't think so. if that could happen, i'd be way dead. there are songs that can bring me to tears even now, with my blunted affect. that have torn me to shreds. but, no...i live on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-10-17), midnightstar (11-10-17)