View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 06:49 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,566 Times in 15,078 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EEG and Biofeedback Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalwayswins View Post
Hello,
My 11 year old medicated son is having a horrible school year. We just finished up with the school evaluation and they did determine his ADHD is effecting him enough at school that he qualified for a IEP. Unfortunately its so close to Thanksgiving that most of the "helpers" he has now- are off til the Holiday is over and the "i'm just letting you know what I am seeing" texts continue everyday. Which basically at this point paints my son as someone they are just babysitting all day. He was on 54 mgs of Concerta, it was no longer doing much (according to the teacher) so we switched him to Adderall and (shocker) she says he is still doing next to nothing all day in school. Hes at 20 mgs currently. No improvement.

Back to the question - i made an appt to have a brain mapping done and perhaps start EEG bio feedback therapy. Its expensive (since Insurance doesn't cover it) but its not of the realm of possibility. Honestly, my husband went to the urologist last year, was told to come back several times and they did multiple tests and it all together costed about the same as this therapy and I still don't understand what the heck the urologist was looking for...what they found, what the heck the point ANY of that was for....so its not like we haven't wasted money on medical treatments in the past.

I guess at this point - i don't expect it to even work. I just want to know we tried everything. I'm so tired of the "have you tried......" questions. Have you tried melatonin? Have you tried oils? Have you tried talk therapy? Have you tried diet changes.... And having to go down the laundry list of yes, we tried it all. None of it helps. Even the meds barely help. They keep him tolerable. Thats it. He takes a pill to stay in the room, he takes a pill to go to sleep. He wakes up and takes a pill, eats dinner and then takes a pill....and he is still barely functioning at school. Its all so depressing.

Anyone have any luck with it? It sounds interesting.
Talk therapy and meds. Most reliable track record and affordable.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Caco3girl (01-02-18)