View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 02:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,114 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

OMG!

Sounds like a terrible experience ... a bizarre, frightening, confusing terrible experience ...

Glad you got an attorney and that you are processing this internally and not going quiet with shame.

About 15 years ago, I got detained for passing a bad $10 bill. I don't know if people are aware of this (I wasn't at the time) but using counterfeit money--even out of ignorance and not neglect on your part--is a crime. Definitely a frightening experience that messed me up for a short period of time. The Secret Service got involved and they searched my car. I was not formally charged, but was held on the spot for a couple of frightening hours.

Ultimately I learned what you describe so well here--how anxious and terrified one gets when pulled over by a police officer, especially if you're not a person who has been in much trouble with the law.

I also learned that police officers use a lot of tricky language, language that seems like you are required to do X, when in fact, they're just telling you to do X. "I need to search your pockets," an officer might say. Sounds like the officer is saying this is legally required. Well, he didn't say this was legally required. We just hear it that way.

I guess we want them to do these tricks when stopping "bad guys," but these tricks also have the potential to victimize a lot of innocent people.

Anyway, my heart goes out to you ... This can be a traumatizing experience, very much so ... I'm glad you shared.

Tone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-14-18), PoppnNSailinMan (12-23-17)