View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 04:48 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,806 Times in 13,544 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

Here is my story:

6 years ago I ran into a curb on my way out of wawa. I didnt realize how badly flat my tire was and I just wanted to make it across the highway to my house, wawa is only 1.5 miles a way. I was very focused and didnt realize to cops with their lights on were behind me. I pulled into my driveway and they jumped out and started firing questions at me and asking how come I didnt see them. They asked me about the damage to my tire and I got flustered and they questioned if I told the truth.

They asked me if I drank anything. (it was 8am) I said no.
They gave me a field sobriety test which I told them I would fail and did. They cuffed me in my driveway. Searched my purse took me to the station. I was being detained. I gave them a breathlyser which was zero. They asked me for a pee sample and me not knowing my rights i complied. They must have done a quickie dip test and of course-nothing.

THEN they remembered to read my my miranda rights.
They called my husband and released me to him. I was never arrested. All that and no arrest. I was gonna apply for a public defender but thought better of it. My mom helped me out.

I hired a criminal lawyer and started out with 5000$.I actually had to pay an "independent expert" to say that my bipolar meds didnt impair me . They held the discovery too long. The case was ajourned 5 times. FINALLY I was forced to plead all the charges down to 1 careless driving AND agree to 30 day license suspension. For nothing.

I was so scared and traumatized I developed agoraphobia. I literally could not leave the house unless I was in the car with my husband driving. I had phone session therapy and psychiatry appts and I am so grateful they did that for me. I basically gave myself exposure therapy with the guidance of my therapist. First walking to the end of the driveway, then the corner. Then driving around the block and so on until I was confident I could handle it. To this day I dont like driving and I used to drive all over philly.

I was told I was lucky to get the "deal" I got. I still cant believe that I had to prove my innocence because of the implied guilt. The legal system sucks and its not team little guy-its team rich guy,smarmy lawyer.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-23-17), PoppnNSailinMan (12-23-17), psychopathetic (12-23-17), Snoopy10 (01-14-18), ToneTone (12-23-17)