View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 08:55 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,452 Times in 14,480 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Never hire an attorney.

Read the laws for yourself.

If you must, ask for a public defender.
YES hire an attorney if you can. I had to borrow money. Unless and until the legal system changes the goal is to prove you are not guilty and do not get punished for no reason. No to the public defender if you can help it. Here in NJ all licenses lawyers have to do "service type pro bono" work as part of keeping their license. This means you have hundreds of cases handled by the chosen lawyers of the month clubs with your life in their hands. They do not care about your unfair DWI. They care about murders and rapists and getting wins to make their careers take off. They are overloaded, underfunded and have barely 15 minutes per client to spare. If I went with a PD I wouldnt have met with him or her until 15 min before my trial. How much legal help would that get me? And of course I read the laws. You know me and I research the F out of stuff. Knowing the laws and knowing I was right wouldnt help keep me out of jail because the alternate explaination would be that they were bad cops and or lying. Try throwing that in front of a judge.
I could have been forced to have an interlock installed on my car, I could have lost my license for more than a month, I could have had massive points and fines and an actual misdemeaner record. The attorney was worth every penny.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (12-23-17), psychopathetic (12-23-17)