View Single Post
Old 12-30-17, 10:33 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,943 Times in 9,405 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do people who have ADHD-Combined daydream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
Yes I daydream excessively.

I was diagnosed with ADHD-Inattentive.
Interesting. I'm surprised that you weren't diagnosed with combined type, given your frequent comments on your difficulties with emotional self-control. I guess maybe you'd fall into the group that Barkley has described as "subthreshold combined type" (which I might, too, at this point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd
The term daydreaming is a synonym for the term inattentive.
Is this view shared by ADHD experts?

As I noted above, daydreaming is neither necessary nor sufficient for a diagnosis of ADHD (predominantly inattentive presentation) today. I do think daydreaming may have been included in older diagnostic criteria, but I'd need to check.

For what it's worth, people diagnosed with the "combined" presentation of ADHD have most of the "inattentive" symptoms as well as "hyperactive-impulsive" symptoms, by definition.