View Single Post
Old 12-31-17, 10:12 PM

PoppnNSailinMan is a name known to allPoppnNSailinMan is a name known to allPoppnNSailinMan is a name known to allPoppnNSailinMan is a name known to allPoppnNSailinMan is a name known to allPoppnNSailinMan is a name known to allPoppnNSailinMan is a name known to all
Re: ADHD & New Years resolutions

I've hardly ever done New Year's resolutions before. But I was thinking of trying one this year!

A couple of months ago, having just started ADHD meds again (Vyvanse), I decided to try out a bunch of time management and productivity apps on my phone and on my computer with the hope that new meds + apps + determination might actually allow me this time to learn to manage my time better and get more done.

So, I installed Todoist and Microsoft Outlook on my phone and on my desktop. And there's also Google Calendar which I had used in the past, but I decided to try and use more often.

For a couple of weeks, I was really good each morning at checking the to-do tasks I had assigned myself in Todoist and I even got some of them done. And then I saw my new therapist about 6 weeks ago and told him what I was doing. But since then, I've hardly looked at my to-do list and haven't added any new tasks and I keep getting notification on my phone reminding me of tasks that are more than a month overdue and still need to be done.

So, I feel like maybe I should make a New Year's resolution to push myself to try out these apps again so that I can organize my time better. And perhaps I can get my new therapist to put a little pressure on me, too. He's committed to providing me with 9 months of therapy, so I'd hate to miss an opportunity to make some changes in my life and learn new habits when I've got maximum support for doing it.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-31-17), Greyhound1 (01-01-18), stef (01-01-18)