View Single Post
Old 01-01-18, 01:58 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,771 Times in 8,892 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: ADHD & New Years resolutions

Happy New Now!! I'm of the same mindset as cobain, in that every day is a new chance.

I finally learned the more I try to meticulously plan, the less chance I have of accomplishing whatever it is, so I just roll with the flow, while trying to remember I'm the one at the wheel, regardless of the obstacle course.

The time of year I decide to make a change doesn't matter as much to my brain as my current overall state of being, which ultimately determines my response-ability chances....there again, it all goes back to being a daily choices thing.

Trying to conquer and commit to a list of perceived "shoulds" when I'm nowhere near ready to tackle them is similar, in my mind, to shooting myself in the foot repeatedly. No thanks.

My initiative apparently doesn't care to follow the typical calendar days and traditions society tells us to follow...thank goodness...or I'd be even more scattered, very similar to days gone by that I don't wish to revisit, if at all possible.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-02-18), stef (01-01-18)