View Single Post
Old 01-02-18, 03:33 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of
Re: ADHD & New Years resolutions

In terms of New Year's resolutions, I kept one of them this morning.

One of the things I do a lot when I'm home is that I'll get up in the morning and turn on my computer about 7:30 or 8:00 AM with the intention of only being online for a little while (not more than an hour) before doing some other things that need to be done such as making myself some breakfast, walking the dog, feeding my parrot, etc.

But more often than not, I'll lose track of time and the next thing I know, it's already noon and I still haven't had anything to eat yet, nor has the dog been walked or the parrot fed.

So, one New Year's resolution is that I'll always fix myself breakfast, feed the bird, walk the dog and do a few other chores before I ever turn on my computer. It's much more difficult to disengage from what I'm doing online once I've got sucked in than to not turn on my computer first thing in the morning in the first place.

Well, this morning I waited to turn on my computer until after I had done some chores! Now, I'll have to see if I can make this into a habit.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoppnNSailinMan For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-02-18), Greyhound1 (01-02-18), stef (01-02-18)