View Single Post
Old 01-03-18, 05:03 AM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Sudden onset stuttering as side-effect (Age 25), never stuttered before

Quote:
Originally Posted by bextehude View Post
And my nurse practitioner said it was probably not a big deal and that I was probably a stutterer as a child, but I know I was not and did not appreciate her dismissing me since the speech pathologist said that this was very concerning and unsual and to stop the medications as soon as possible.
To be clear, is your nurse practitioner your prescriber for Concerta? Yeah, based on the information you've provided, I would definitely hold off on the Concerta until you've figured out this issue. My suggestion would be to verify that she understands the gravity of the situation, and to get a second opinion (perhaps from a psychiatrist or neurologist).

I have very little scientific knowledge of stuttering, other than that I saw a youtube Vice video of how ambien can mysteriously help some people with neurological speech impediments. It's probably not super relevant for you, but it might pique your interest at least!
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
bextehude (01-03-18)