View Single Post
Old 01-21-18, 10:09 PM

Thanked 33,636 Times in 15,217 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone addicted?

Have you gone to counseling together? I would suggest you both see someone privately and jointly if this is going to have a constructive resolution for you.

I don't have an addictive personality. But some on here have struggled with addiction. I think it can be the case that when someone is suffering they try to self medicate. And that's what it sounds like he's doing. But he's right that you can't fix it. It does need fixing though or for you to leave.

I try to think of it this way: if someone is an addict/alcoholic and doesn't want to change, your life going to **** along with theirs isn't going to end well for either of you AND doing nothing or putting up with it is actually enabling it.

I'm so sorry you are enduring this xx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
OyVeyKitty (01-23-18), Pilgrim (01-27-18), SuperP (01-22-18)