View Single Post
Old 02-03-18, 03:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 24,416 Times in 11,325 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Questions about so called SCT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
According to Dr. Barkley, half the people who have ADHD have SCT, and, half the people who have SCT have ADHD.

If all people diagnosed with ADHD-Combined and ADHD-Predominantly Hyperactive/Impulsive have must have a certain number of hyperactive symptoms to meet the diagnostic criteria, and people who have SCT do not have any hyperactive symptoms.

Does that mean only people who have ADHD-Predominately Inattentive could possibly have so called SCT?

(I have more questions, but I will start with this question)

M
I only have one of the five hyperactive symptoms, but I have all four of the
impulsive symptoms.

I have all nine of the inattentive symptoms. I don't have an official diagnosis
but I would guess I'd be considered combined presentation.

There seems to be sixteen symptoms listed for SCT. I have at least half of the
symptoms on that list ... but I don't know how many I had before I developed
Fibromyalgia and a lot of the symptoms overlap between FM and SCT.

Found this on Wiki =
Quote:
Originally, SCT was thought to be restricted to about 1/3 of the inattentive subtype of ADHD and being apparently incompatible with hyperactivity.

But new research showed that SCT is also seen in some with the combined or hyperactive-impulsive subtype and in individuals who do not have ADHD at all.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-03-18)
Sponsored Links