View Single Post
Old 02-07-18, 06:49 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,081 Times in 7,004 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my horrible addiction to smoking

Wow.

(((Sweets)))

How old is your son?

You did a good job with him. The amount of respect and love that he's shown for you through this letter is amazing. He was mature, honest, empathetic and sincere. I don't know anything about him...but I know he must be amazing.

I like how he doesn't start out by asking you to quit smoking. He just wants you to step out.
I like how when he DOES suggest quitting...he does so very non-judgmentally and in a non-pushy way.

I quit smoking 7 1/2 years ago cold turkey. Vaping wasn't as big of a thing back then, though it did exist...but I don't think I could've done it. Like you...it wouldn't have been enough for me...I'd still want the real things.
I too LOVED smoking. It very much so helped with keeping me calm in the moments I was smoking and everything.

Thing about quitting though...is you have to do it for yourself. Or at least that's what I've been told. You can't quit because your family wants you to quit, or for your husband...it's something that you've got to want for yourself...and it's tough.

And...oh Sweets

I sure don't like seeing your so down on yourself!
Quote:
"WTH is wrong with me?"

"WHAT is up with me. I feel terrible."

"Sorry for being a downer."
All those negative thoughts about yourself...well...you'll have to excuse me here...but,

They can go F*** OFF!

That felt good!

I can't believe I'm about to say this...but, maybe you shouldn't consider quitting just yet. I do believe that the time is coming...that you'll eventually get to the point of wanting it deep down for yourself and putting your foot down.
But (again I can't believe I'm saying this lol)...you don't HAVE to quit right now. Just keep it outside.
Don't overwhelm yourself. Don't quit because your son wants you to. You need to quit for yourself...not him.

He's not asking you to quit. He's just asking for you to step outside.

So cheer up, be proud as hell of the son you've brought up...and most importantly...STEP THE F* OUTSIDE FOR GOODNESS' SAKE!

(((((((Sweets)))))))

You are amazing.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Gypsy Willow (02-08-18), namazu (02-07-18), OyVeyKitty (02-07-18), sarahsweets (02-07-18), ToneTone (02-10-18)