View Single Post
Old 02-07-18, 07:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,259 Times in 13,497 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my horrible addiction to smoking

Sarah

That was beautiful letter. I'm sure was painful to read but it's also testament to what a fantastic job you've done with your son.

So yes, you have to step outside. And maybe it will have all those benefits that your son mentioned. Making smoking less easy and less convenient does help.

For me, ultimately vaping did help to quit. I first tried without and yfat didn't work. Vaping is quite different to smoking she it's not as much fun it as satisfying (at least initially) but that is why I think it helps. It gives you the nicotine hit but it breaks the habit of lighting up. Also, since it's about 90% less unhealthy thsn smoking (at least for now this what the research says but I think they are slowly finding that it has issues too) even if you continue vaping it's still a big improvement.

I'd definitely recommend vaping. I bought the cheapest I could find in a super market. It's easier just about 20 (28dollars)...

Huge hugs. I know it's though. I loved to smoke too. So much that I thought that if I stopped the quality of my life woukd significantly reduce. But you know what 2.5 years later I genuinely don't misst anymore
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-07-18), namazu (02-07-18), psychopathetic (02-07-18), sarahsweets (02-07-18), stef (02-08-18)