View Single Post
Old 02-07-18, 11:03 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,354 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: my horrible addiction to smoking

For 24 years I self-medicated w/ large quantities of Nicotine (2+ packs/day if not drinking)and added in large quantities of caffeine (1-2 pots coffee/day during all of day). I was unaware that I was self-medicating most of my ADHD issues and when I quit smoking (hated smoker's hack in the morning and brown phlegm) symptoms started popping up that interfered w/ me performing at the same high levels causing additional problems. The situation snowballed over the next few years w/ symptoms of depression emerging and worsening. The point being is if you are self-medicating w/ the nicotine and discontinue the med by quitting cigarettes, those newly-unmedicated issues will need to be addressed somehow. Unaddressed, new or old symptoms may pop-up and slowly worsen.

Not saying you should or shouldn't quit. I am saying it may present new problems to deal with after the cravings are gone. GL Sarah, -LN
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-07-18), namazu (02-07-18), psychopathetic (02-07-18), sarahsweets (02-08-18), stef (02-08-18)