View Single Post
Old 02-08-18, 05:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,599 Times in 14,577 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my horrible addiction to smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Wow.

(((Sweets)))

How old is your son?

You did a good job with him. The amount of respect and love that he's shown for you through this letter is amazing. He was mature, honest, empathetic and sincere. I don't know anything about him...but I know he must be amazing.
He is amazing. He is 21 and has a paid internship with an international SOS company. I adore him.

Quote:
Thing about quitting though...is you have to do it for yourself. Or at least that's what I've been told. You can't quit because your family wants you to quit, or for your husband...it's something that you've got to want for yourself...and it's tough.
Same with drinking and its why I feel so sh*tty. Its like."am I really choosing smoking over my son?" of course not but at the same time the addiction is saying " yes you are".

Quote:
And...oh Sweets

I sure don't like seeing your so down on yourself!

All those negative thoughts about yourself...well...you'll have to excuse me here...but,

They can go F*** OFF!
This was awesome. touche.

Quote:
I can't believe I'm about to say this...but, maybe you shouldn't consider quitting just yet. I do believe that the time is coming...that you'll eventually get to the point of wanting it deep down for yourself and putting your foot down.
But (again I can't believe I'm saying this lol)...you don't HAVE to quit right now. Just keep it outside.
Don't overwhelm yourself. Don't quit because your son wants you to. You need to quit for yourself...not him.

He's not asking you to quit. He's just asking for you to step outside.

So cheer up, be proud as hell of the son you've brought up...and most importantly...STEP THE F* OUTSIDE FOR GOODNESS' SAKE!

(((((((Sweets)))))))

You are amazing.
I think I am defintely going to shift locations to start. Trying to go from my lair to outside is drastic enough to set me up for failure. I was thinking of starting with the porch. Its screened so ventilated and outside but still minimal shelter. I'd have to wear my coat and all so no lounging about. I need to see what he thinks.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-08-18)