View Single Post
Old 02-08-18, 07:14 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,258 Times in 5,369 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Becca turns 18 on the 17th- some advice/info?

I spent a fair bit of time living in my parents house as a legal adult. I have always been a rule follower, though, and didn't learn how to drive until I was 19. I still didn't like to drive after that, so I releyed on my friends for transportation when I was home. That gave me an excuse for being late, but I never really abused it.

To be honest, not much changed. I do remember having a curfew of midnight on weekdays, mostly because my dad couldn't sleep until he knew I was home and safe. Even when I moved back after I graduated, I still tried to get home at a reasonable time because there is nothing quite like coming home at 2:30 in the morning and having your dad greet you as you're coming upstairs after a night at the club.

And after writing all that, I realize how atypical I was/am. If I were a parent, there would be firm boundaries. Legal adult or not, it's your house and your rules...that part stayed with me even when I moved back in my late 20's after grad school.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (02-08-18)