View Single Post
Old 02-08-18, 11:50 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Caco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to allCaco3girl is a name known to all
Re: Becca turns 18 on the 17th- some advice/info?

I suggest you have a written contract, and explain your rules. When I was 18 I was in college and when I came home on there were very clear rules about my curfew because I lives with my mom, grandma, and great grandma...none of which were up past 10pm, so it was not acceptable for me to be home after that.

If she is in your house you are the one keeping up with her. Where she is going, who she is with, how long she stays out. Even if she was married she would have to report these things to her husband, just so he didn't worry. No different.

So, yes she is a legal adult but still under your house:
-Curfew = yes, out of respect for those living in the house.
-piercing and tattoo = can't stop her, but I would encourage her to get the tattoo in a place that isn't visible unless she is in a bathing suit. She can't know what her future holds in the job world, and you can kill 90% of the prospects with a visible tattoo.

Also, my mom's rule was if I was in school I stayed for free. If I wasn't in school I paid rent. It was only $200 a month but it showed responsibility for what I was given. Cell phone and car insurance should also be paid, at least a portion, like half, if she isn't in school she needs to start working and figuring out how to be an adult, and that comes with rules and bills.
Sponsored Links