View Single Post
Old 02-08-18, 09:43 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 13,480 Times in 6,482 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Could it be ADHD after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I'd pretty much convinced myself that I didn't have ADHD. I've always doubted it. I've always felt fake (or like retromancer said that I'm just after performance enhancing drugs). The last few months have been so bad though that I'm entertaining the possibility again.

I've been at home since October (without fuzzling, my little girl so I've had lots of free time.) I had so many plans, things that I wanted to do and had to do but I hardly or anything done. I spent my time sleeping eating and browsing the internet. Almost 4 months. I'm returning to work next week and I can't believe I've wasted this time. I'm probably never going to have again a few days just for myself.

Besides that I've still got the same dilemma. How I find the criteria perfectly but I didn't as a child. Could I have had such mitigating factors that it didn't trouble me so much as a child?

How is wish there was a simple test.
Hey Fuzzy,
Have you ever been officially diagnosed with ADHD, or tried any treatments? Sorry, I can’t remember.

I think being inattentive can be more difficult to recognize in children especially if they are smart enough to figure out a way to get by. I went from being mostly hyperactive as a child and began to become more inattentive just after puberty.

It occurred at a time when life, school, social life, girls, parental expectations and added responsibilities weighed me down too much. I let down myself and so many others down besides making a fool out of myself being the class clown.

The pressure of life seems to have beaten all the hyper fun and excitement out of me, I still miss as a child. Just totally inattentive now usually just trying to avoid anxiety and reality.

Anyway, I’m sorry for going on. This thread isn’t about me. My whole point was that I think being a child and being inattentive is difficult to recognize because the behavior fits in better with their peers. Behavior is pretty close at young ages and easier to dismiss as normal solely in my opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-08-18), PoppnNSailinMan (02-09-18), psychopathetic (02-08-18), stef (02-09-18)